PowerCommander & Popping

yad

Standard Bore
I continue to have some problems with popping on deceleration. I have installed Jardine exhaust, K&N underseat filter and Power
commander. Just had the bike dynoed at an authorized dealer and although the bike runs strong with a very smooth power curve it is still popping. Not as bad as before the tune but not as good as most of you are reporting. Would appreciate some feedback from some of you with the same setup with your experience

You might want to hook-up your bike to the PC and look at the first column for your map.... you should be running in the 15% range for most of that column.... if your not then that is why you are getting alot of popping......... If its just the occasional popping like they describe then its probably ok...... I run the crap outta mine and I've only heard one pop on a hard decel since I've had it. Otherwise it's just a nice fluttering all the way down the RPM scale......

G-Man, I have the same "problem" (I kind of like the one bang) at 2400-2300, but it happens regardless of how heavy I am on the throt...

I figure beefing up the 0 % a few notches between 25-2200 will eliminate it. If I screw around with the dyno tune anymore I will try it.

When I install my Jardine's it popped real bad. I added the powercomander. Still popped for about 5 miles. Now the only time it pops is heavy down shifting. I've own a lot of bikes with modified exhaust & the Jardines don't pop anymore then the others.

DICKII

Back