Popping solved

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Well I was annoyed by the excessive popping after making changes to my 2016 RR3.

I did as many do, Ram Air, TORs, and a new cross over pipe. Got a tune from Tune ECU and several others here on the forum.

I checked and sealed for leaks and still popping, making it unenjoyable to ride any long distance.

So I decided to get the PowerCommander V and Auto Tune. My thinking was that I could, if I had to, take it to a dyno and have it tuned properly if I needed to do so. As you all know people who can tune, with tune ECU, are a rare as hen's teeth.

It took me about 4 hrs to install the new gear.

For those of you who are not familiar with PCV and AT, it is reccommended that you retain the stock tune, as it is a baseline from which the PCV and AT operate against. So I loaded the stock 20773 tune back on the bikes ECU.

My supplier loaded a PCV map in for me. They had developed a fuel table for the RR3 in house on their dyno. So I thought the AFR would be pretty good, and it is very good.

They also supplied an AFR map loaded in the PCV, again determined on their dyno. They compromise the AFR table to give a balence of fuel mileage and performance. You can alter the AFR map to suit your needs. I left it as they supplied, at this point in time.

So last night we went riding and surprize, NO POPS! The bike also runs great, very strong to 5500 RPM and nice engine control, especially in fifth gear in the low RPM range.

This worked for me, your results may vary,,

Hoopla

Last edited:
Well I was annoyed by the excessive popping after making changes to my 2016 RR3.

I did as many do, Ram Air, TORs, and a new cross over pipe. Got a tune from Tune ECU and several others here on the forum.

I checked and sealed for leaks and still popping, making it unenjoyable to ride any long distance.

So I decided to get the PowerCommander V and Auto Tune. My thinking was that I could, if I had to, take it to a dyno and have it tuned properly if I needed to do so. As you all know people who can tune, with tune ECU, are a rare as hen's teeth.

It took me about 4 hrs to install the new gear.

For those of you who are not familiar with PCV and AT, it is reccommended that you retain the stock tune, as it is a baseline from which the PCV and AT operate against. So I loaded the stock 20773 tune back on the bikes ECU.

My supplier loaded a PCV map in for me. They had developed a fuel table for the RR3 in house on their dyno. So I thought the AFR would be pretty good, and it is very good.

They also supplied an AFR map loaded in the PCV, again determined on their dyno. They compromise the AFR table to give a balence of fuel mileage and performance. You can alter the AFR map to suit your needs. I left it as they supplied, at this point in time.

So last night we went riding and surprize, NO POPS! The bike also runs great, very strong to 5500 RPM and nice engine control, especially in fifth gear in the low RPM range.

I'm not one to fling names about, but if you would like info on my supplier, PM me and I'll get back to you.

This worked for me, your results may vary,,

Hoopla
How much money did you gave them ?? Where did you go for it

Back