biker1059

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket GT
Having a little popping at idle on the bike and can't figure it out. Starts really after the bike is warmed up, when cold it idles pretty good. Not a real bad popping but just a little sputter here and there. Bike has 18k miles on it w/ triple K&Ns, O2 senser removed. Was thinking about changing the spark plugs or adding some fuel injector cleaner. TPS is spot on and does not wander about, Throttle bodies are also spot on. Bike has never run better, its like it has a miss in it. Also just had the valve check last summer and they were also good. Any thoughts? Leaning toward the spark plugs now. Thanks in advance for the input.

Could also be the L tables are too lean. Does it miss or backfire on deceleration?

No pop on decel. I can load my tune and it does alright for a few weeks and then starts up again. I will check all you've included Ian. Thanks on the input so far, I was hoping that someone else has had this happen, not that I wish bad things on people.

Sounds like the adaptives are resetting your idle mix.

I was leaning towards a coil or connection issue,(IDK's post) but if it runs fine for a while each time to reset the tune, I'd agree 100% with Atomsplitter here; the ecu is adapting where you don't want it to.
Double check the O2 sensor box in the tune program is set to off?

I was leaning towards a coil or connection issue,(IDK's post) but if it runs fine for a while each time to reset the tune, I'd agree 100% with Atomsplitter here; the ecu is adapting where you don't want it to.
Double check the O2 sensor box in the tune program is set to off?

I believe that qualifies for frosty in Hades.

I'll give you all credit. Just checked the wire connections and the vacuum hoses coming from the throttle bodies, everything ok. Still looking.

Just reloaded my tune, actually blastedbones tune and reset adaptives, idles silky smooth, hope it sticks this time.

Back