rainman

Seabee can do
Ride
06 classic 2012 victory xr
just couious bout this brand had a new front put on today and the guy said this is a good tire any one out there have any info on this tire thanks

just couious bout this brand had a new front put on today and the guy said this is a good tire any one out there have any info on this tire thanks

Its Pirelli, founded in Milan Italy in 1872 its the fifth largest tire manufacturer in the world. They are the official supplier of tires to FIM World Superbike.

So, yeah, its a pretty good tire. Do they make a tire to fit the R3? I dunno, I doubt they're very big in the cruiser world.

they do the shop i was at yesterday morning he had one in sock for the r3t 150/80/16

I would expect a Pirelli tire to be more performance biased. Since you're running a car tire on the rear, I assume you're more concerned with mileage than with cornering performance.

That said, the Pirelli will probably be sticker thus softer than a comparable Metzler, Avon or Dunlop and as such not last as long. This is all conjecture on my part, only based with past experience with Pirelli tires on sport bikes and cars.

Don't know about bike tires, but I tried 2 sets on my truck (275-45-22), and all were excessively out of round. Could not be balanced. I won't buy them again.

CW

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I would expect a Pirelli tire to be more performance biased. Since you're running a car tire on the rear, I assume you're more concerned with mileage than with cornering performance.

That said, the Pirelli will probably be sticker thus softer than a comparable Metzler, Avon or Dunlop and as such not last as long. This is all conjecture on my part, only based with past experience with Pirelli tires on sport bikes and cars.

Not necessarily the case across the board. I am not familiar with the pirelli selection for the rocket (as I am ds on the r3) but a while back I mounted a pirelli on the rear of a honda 1300c vtx for a friend and he has approx. 8k miles on the tire now with approx 40% of the tread left. That is remarkable wear for the rear of that bike as this friend was consistently getting 7-7500 out of the d404 rear that he was using previously. Again this is not a rocket "test" just my 2cw about the pirelli cruiser tire on an alternate cruiser.

Good information. The only other thing I'd be concerned about is the load rating of the Pirelli. I'd check their website to see if the tire he's recommending is capable of handling the weight of the Rocket. If so, give it a try.

My brother has a set of pirelli tires on his Nomad. has about 2000 miles on them and is happy with the performance. Front is the same size as R3. He rides up in the GA hills.

Back