Ovarian Cancer ride for her, Ottawa/Eastern Ontario captains

Sensfan

Top Fuel
Ride
2013 R3T
For those of us in our geographic area (Ottawa/Eastern Ontario Canada) the big ride event here is the Ride For Dad( supporting prostrate cancer).We do have a less known one which is called Ride For Her, which supports Ovarian Cancer.
My lovely wife, just finished kicking Ovarian Cancers Ass this winter :thumbsup:. We are 6 weeks removed from the final chemo, and we are very blessed to have a clean bill of health, or NED as they call it (no evidence of disease), 75% OF ALL WOMEN DIAGNOSED WITH OVARIAN CANCER ARE STAGE 3-4, it's difficult to diagnose, and mis-diagnoses , as we found out, are quite common. During treatment, my wife was quite adamant that she wanted to start a foundation for ovarian cancer, as public knowledge about it is very lacking. Her intention was to educate other women on symptoms, in hope of catching it early enough that it can be treated successfully. Her dream some day (and it very well might happen, as my wife is driven) would be to raise money for less fortunate women who are battling this disease, that they can afford to be off work/day care/basic needs etc. Recovery time estimated for my wife was 1 year, she was determined to not only live, but shortened that by 4 months. She is a business owner who had the foresight to take out critical insurance on herself should something ever happen, and it did, and the insurance paid for her time off. Some women are not that fortunate. We actually just found out about this charitable ride quite recently, and we are excited to participate in it. She hopes to raise awareness for this charity, helping others afflicted with this disease.
On MAY 28TH, at the Independent grocer at 671 River rd. ( river rd. at the Strandherd bridge) registration is at 8:00 am, ride begins at 9:00am, ends at noon at the Manotick legion, continental breakfast, and lunch included. AND YESSSSS:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:, my wife will be riding her bike....because SHE CAN:inlove< it would be great if we could get some Rockets thrown into the mix, (some more wolves among the sheep), to participate, and ride together for a good cause:thumbsup:.
Ride For Her
Here is the link if you choose to pre-register, or if ANY other captains want to give to the cause, it will be greatly appreciated, and they will send you a tax receipt for donations over $20, thanks all.

may god bless youre wife for taking her fight to help others (sounds like he already did though)

may god bless youre wife for taking her fight to help others (sounds like he already did though)
I'm very fortunate to have that woman in my corner, we contribute quite a bit of time and money to charities, this one has hit home,and we want to help others who are not in the fortunate potion as we were,thanks.

What a great story. I wish you and your wife all the very best. She sounds like a fighter. I'm a little too far away to be there but good luck with your ride.

My wife being a Breast Cancer survivor, I can somewhat relate. She has been NED as you call it since 2001.

On a side note, I love your Wolves among the Sheep analogy. I will be using that one.

What a great story. I wish you and your wife all the very best. She sounds like a fighter. I'm a little too far away to be there but good luck with your ride.

My wife being a Breast Cancer survivor, I can somewhat relate. She has been NED as you call it since 2001.

On a side note, I love your Wolves among the Sheep analogy. I will be using that one.
Ya,I stole that phrase from another post

My wife got out for her first ride on her bike since last summer, she had felt different and didnt ride, then after diagnosis, she parked her bike. Took a tour to a friends cottage 125kms. away, stayed the night and rode back the following day. Perfect riding weather, and took the thousand islands parkway and hwy.2 all routes along the river on the way home. It was a big step for her, and we are both proud she is now in a position to resume to a more normal life now.:D

Congratulations to your wife for kicking cancer's ass. I'm sure you have to be proud of her for fighting it, and continuing to fight for others.

Back