GREAT LOOKING bikes and I saw the CYCLE WORLD DYNO TEST and it made 87 RWHP and 75 TRQ stock so its going to make even more with the optional exhaust and tune that should be a fun ride
Optional exhaust & tune are not available yet.
I got a decat pipe made up for it, sounds much better, pulls a little harder without the cat restriction, over the winter will sort a few things out.
For now it will do, goes well enough ish, just enjoying the ride, still got my little Bonnie if I want more speed.
John if you want to part with the rear fender let me know.

No, not possible, that picture was taken before it was even ridden. Headers are that colour to begin with. You got me worried there.

Sorry, was only winding you up. I love the Thruxton and imagine yours is a step up on that. Happy riding and enjoy, it's ace.

Why does your country require such big plates? Is all the cops just about blind?
I wish I new really. As I understand it the plate size is that which allows the alpha numeric characters to be of a certain size & spacing between them. This was always for cars & trucks & no one saw a need to be different for a motorbike. Now I am told that the ANPR cameras are set for & can only recognise numbers of that size, & therefore the police are clamping down on us using a smaller size plate. I don't like it but our government don't seem fit to change it just because we want nice small & neat ones. In fairness it probably seems worse to you guys than it does to us, being as we are familiar to it. Of course I could be talking a load of s--t, but it's what I'm told.

Part of the charm of the outgoing models was that they were basic rides without the frills. I think it's unfortunate they are so overshadowed by the new models as they were and still are great rides in their way. They are what they are.

That said, the new Thruxton is absolutely awesome and probably the most beautiful and exiting bike I've seen or ridden in a very long time.

You lucky bastard.

Optional exhaust & tune are not available yet.
I got a decat pipe made up for it, sounds much better, pulls a little harder without the cat restriction, over the winter will sort a few things out.
For now it will do, goes well enough ish, just enjoying the ride, still got my little Bonnie if I want more speed.
John if you want to part with the rear fender let me know.
You should be able to find some slip on megs to fit that beauty

Don't apologise, it's all good. I shall enjoy riding it, but my Rocket is still king.
YES but this 1200 looks like a fun bike great for harrassing the V twin crowd that are always talking about how they beat the Triumph Twins

Part of the charm of the outgoing models was that they were basic rides without the frills. I think it's unfortunate they are so overshadowed by the new models as they were and still are great rides in their way. They are what they are.

That said, the new Thruxton is absolutely awesome and probably the most beautiful and exiting bike I've seen or ridden in a very long time.

You lucky bastard.
Thank you for that Canberra, lucky-No! All comes from hard work. Bastard- Yes I can go with that, but not in the literal sense. Only joking, nice comments Canberra.

Back