Manic_Mechanic

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket
Spent the weekend in Ocean City for the final days of bike week.
Only saw two other rockets from the opposing lane with no chance to catch up after a long red light. Just wondering if anyone else in this forum might have been there. The local horse track was the venue for all the bike and chopper vendors and I was dissappointed that Triumph was not represented at all. I did notice that every manufacturer that was represented only showed up with their V-twin line. I take that back... boss hoss was there!
Another observation....the only bikes being pulled over by the local and state police were Japaneese. Anybody have an explanation? One that I heard was that the people on big cruzers were the ones spending big bucks.
Observation number two...there were more police than euro bikes.:mad:

Where Are They

Ah..........Ocean City. I've spent some time there and loved the area. It could use a few more hotels, bars and beach (just kidding). I'm also amazed that Triumph doesn't spend a few more bucks on advertisement at events like this. A tent with their logo..... a half dozen variety of bikes and a few brochures would be a step in the right direction. (Oh, did I forget to mention bikini models) If they're going to play in our back yard they'll have to know the rules of the game.

About the police pull over syndrome.........you got me there. Was it just "Rising Sun" bikes or all foreign?

Fries

Manic Mechanic
Did you get any french fries from the boardwalk vender at the far end of the walk. The name escapes me but most just call them Boardwalk Fries. He has been in business forever, serves homemade fries piping hot with salt and vinegar as the only condiments. Best **** fries you will ever taste, will make you smack your Grandma and kiss a pit bull. That might be the other way around, anyway they are goooooood!!

I've had those fries before and you are quite correct. This year I didn't even touch the sand or the boardwalk. I did however bruise alot of ego's up and down a three mile stretch of the main drag while the wife was wetting her toes with the girls..........:cool:

Back