Want to Buy Not too broken, broken Radiator

Longrider

Anywhere ..... just go anywhere!
Ride
05' Rocket
I need a broken radiator that is not too broken. I have a friend who builds radiators and is keen to build a custom one for me and if he can take his time the cost will be reduced greatly. The object is to build a narrower multi core radiator and we need an intact radiator to get the fitment right without taking my bike off the road for an extended time.

I need a broken radiator that is not too broken. I have a friend who builds radiators and is keen to build a custom one for me and if he can take his time the cost will be reduced greatly. The object is to build a narrower multi core radiator and we need an intact radiator to get the fitment right without taking my bike off the road for an extended time.
How are you getting on with radiator.
Am hoping to do same thing bring width back 100 to 150 mm and maybe allow more air around exhaust manifold area.
Can’t ride for couple of months due to shoulder surgery so might be able to help out if friend can knock up a couple.

How are you getting on with radiator.
Am hoping to do same thing bring width back 100 to 150 mm and maybe allow more air around exhaust manifold area.
Can’t ride for couple of months due to shoulder surgery so might be able to help out if friend can knock up a couple.
Yep ... got one. We are looking at triple core brass. Mine .... when built will be the width of the fan shroud, just to keep it tidy. I asked my mate, who is building it, how it is going the other day and he said "its moving along". His partner clarified that it had moved from one bench to another to make some space.
I can't really complain as if he built it as a costumer job he would have to charge me for it;)
I have the same reasoning as me in that I want more air flow down the sides of the bike.
Going for a run around SE Qld next week ... had hoped to have it on but that won't happen. Doing Adelaide to Darwin and back in August ..... I want it on for that. The last time I did that run I nearly burnt my leg off which made me think about air flow over the headers on 40 degree days.
This is a picture of BSA Bobs "little radiator" at RDU a couple of years ago. Not good pictures but gives the idea.
radiator2.jpg
Radiator.jpg

Yep ... got one. We are looking at triple core brass. Mine .... when built will be the width of the fan shroud, just to keep it tidy. I asked my mate, who is building it, how it is going the other day and he said "its moving along". His partner clarified that it had moved from one bench to another to make some space.
I can't really complain as if he built it as a costumer job he would have to charge me for it;)
I have the same reasoning as me in that I want more air flow down the sides of the bike.
Going for a run around SE Qld next week ... had hoped to have it on but that won't happen. Doing Adelaide to Darwin and back in August ..... I want it on for that. The last time I did that run I nearly burnt my leg off which made me think about air flow over the headers on 40 degree days.
This is a picture of BSA Bobs "little radiator" at RDU a couple of years ago. Not good pictures but gives the idea.
radiator2.jpg
Radiator.jpg
Thanks for posting photos, looks about what I’m planning.
Assume it was double row & kept to temperature in stop / start traffic ?

Back