VoltaicVoltaire

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket iii
2008 Classic. I have been through all the no spark threads an no help to me. I have bypassed the ignition completely now, thinking it was the switch, and hot wired the blue/white to all the other ignition wires except orange using the keyless ignition instructions. lights up, power to the coils and fuel pump, cranks well. More that 13v on battery and same at coils. Check engine light is on, code show as P0460 Fuel Tank Level Sensor - circuit malfunction, P0353 ignition coil primary C, circuit malfunction, P0352 ignition coil primary B, circuit malfunction.

Crank sensor is in place but don’t know how to test it.

absolutely no spark that I can see and never fires at all.
Any ideas?…

2008 Classic. I have been through all the no spark threads an no help to me. I have bypassed the ignition completely now, thinking it was the switch, and hot wired the blue/white to all the other ignition wires except orange using the keyless ignition instructions. lights up, power to the coils and fuel pump, cranks well. More that 13v on battery and same at coils. Check engine light is on, code show as P0460 Fuel Tank Level Sensor - circuit malfunction, P0353 ignition coil primary C, circuit malfunction, P0352 ignition coil primary B, circuit malfunction.

Crank sensor is in place but don’t know how to test it.

absolutely no spark that I can see and never fires at all.
Any ideas?…

1ST concentrate on repairing the code problems
no 100% positive but think it will not have a spark with a fuel code
is fuel pump running for a couple of seconds when turn on ign.
clear codes and see what comes back
on #2 coil you can hook a test light to the ground side and the clamp to positive post and if the ecu is grounding the coil it will flash the test light.
make sure the the tip over switch still is bolted in proper place.
do you have an alarm on the bike ?
this should keep u busy for a while then post us on the process

First, many thanks to you kind folks for your advice. I know what your experience is worth, and I am very grateful you are willing to help me.

So I only had a little bit of time before work to try some things that have been suggested. The clutch switch seems to be working because this one doesn't crank when the clutch isn't pulled. Also tried with kickstand up and down and no spark.

I tried clearing the codes and immediately the code P0460 Fuel Tank Level Sensor comes right back. After cycling the key and cranking a bit I scanned again. P0460 Fuel Tank Level Sensor was still there of course but no coil codes yet. I imagine they will return though. This bike had been sitting without a battery so all the codes are since I started messing with it.

Taking Turbo's advice, I started to focus on the fuel level switch. I am getting 5v at the sensor so I guess the ecm is working. Can I just jump this and try it? I don't want to fry anything.

The fuel pump definitely comes on but it seems to make an odd sound to me. I posted a short video that if you turn your sound up I think you will hear what I mean but maybe it is normal. https://youtube.com/shorts/kR36kFq1CzY?feature=share

this is not going to b easy
the orange wire not being hooked up is why the horn and maybe the break lights don't work.
from the sounds it makes it sounds like maybe all u hear is the stepper and secondary actuator motor and not very good at that.
when u do the fuel pump test open the gas lid and put a funnel in it and try again.
u can check the fuel sensor with a 12 volt light tester however the light may b dim or not at all, i assume u check with volt meter red to 5 volt and neg to the connector ground.
fuel pump circuit can b checked by hoking up a headlight bulb and seeing if it comes on a couple of seconds when ign turned on.
also u can check pump ohms and level sensor ohms. lso i would try to put a bulb or a resister in place of the level sensor to see if u can clear the codes,
will wait for fuel/funnel test

There's a circuit from the fuel level sensor to the engine management relay, (GR wire from the level sensor). That circuit has to be closed to close the engine management relay. You might try replacing that relay and see if you get spark. (NOTE: relays are cheap and prone to fail).

OK, A bit of an update. I just started in on it again and going through some things.
1) Headlight fuse is good.
2) I am not seeing any voltage on the purple/white wire which I think I should when I key on.
3) I used a test lamp on the fuel pump circuit as advised and it did not light.
4) I did the key on test with the funnel & the video is here:
5) It is looking more like the relay is a plausible place to go next. I appreciate the offer to call but I don't want to bother you unless I have to so I will try swapping a relay first.

Please let me know what you think? I thought I heard the pump run but maybe that is something else.

Thanks again you great fellows!

Back