G'day and another Aussie welcome .. guess I don't need to tell you to take it easy till you get the hang of the Rocket. Been riding big motorcycles all of my life and took me a while to get to know the Rocket well.

I've been enjoying the hell out of the rocket. I have to ride every single day. So far, she's been a great ride but I do have some drive line lash in second and I have to downshift kind of aggressively to get her in first. Is this normal?

I've been enjoying the hell out of the rocket. I have to ride every single day. So far, she's been a great ride but I do have some drive line lash in second and I have to downshift kind of aggressively to get her in first. Is this normal?
sometimes by adjusting the throttle cables at the handlebar to reduce play will eliminate most of the lash... it worked for me

welcome from Arizona
treat her very gentle at first
the rough stuff latter:D

The only time you should need 1st is when taking off, when rolling to a stop just knock it into Neutral , i never downshift to 1st , just doesnt feel to be doing the driveline any favours

Back