New shield from Puig

Try it and see. The one in the original post looks about right to me.

Agreed. The Puig is the only one I’ve seen I like, but I would not be touring on it. I like the very dark smoke, since nobody’s really gonna be looking through it. But even a good flyscreen can eliminate a lot of fatigue, especially at triple digit speeds. A good helmet will stop buffeting there, and the arms aren’t catching as much wind as your core. To me, a small screen takes away the wind pressure of an area at least the size of a basketball. And that’s enough to make you feel like you’ll be blown off the bike without it.

Touring? No way. But it does make a real difference, especially at 80 mph and up. JMO, but I think either your TFC or a Phantom Black bike would look really nice with this screen, and Puig is usually reasonably priced, but a good product.

Last edited:
Fyi. If I am not mistaken, this one is about 14.5 inches tall. Mine from Power Bronze is just under 18 inches.

Agreed. The Puig is the only one I’ve seen I like, but I would not be touring on it. I like the very dark smoke, since nobody’s really gonna be looking through it. But even a good flyscreen can eliminate a lot of fatigue, especially at triple digit speeds. A good helmet will stop buffeting there, and the arms aren’t catching as much wind as your core. To me, a small screen takes away the wind pressure of an area at least the size of a basketball. And that’s enough to make you feel like you’ll be blown off the bike without it.

Touring? No way. But it does make a real difference, especially at 80 mph and up. JMO, but I think either your TFC or a black Bike would look really nice with this screen, and Puig is usually reasonably priced, but a good product.
MSRP on the Puig is $159.95 and it comes with brackets not just spacers.

I had the same concerns with regard to fitting to large a screen. This is the Powerbronze 450mm screen on my R.
Ideally, I would have liked it to be maybe 1.5 - 2 inches shorter, but it doesn't look to bad!
IMG_20200616_150129.jpg
CORRECTION: It's actually 475mm not 450mm as I stated previously

If and when I buy the 2021? I will look into a some what larger windshield. It's a necessity for me now as I'm going with function over looks although I want it to look good also. I need a larger windshield to enjoy my rides as I don't enjoy it as much if I have to constantly fight the wind. 10 years ago I would have called myself a ***** but age has a way of ruining the best laid plans. Looking cool is always important but lets be real, how friggin cool can you look at 64 years old. I still haven't thrown in the towel yet.:thumbsup:

If and when I buy the 2021? I will look into a some what larger windshield. It's a necessity for me now as I'm going with function over looks although I want it to look good also. I need a larger windshield to enjoy my rides as I don't enjoy it as much if I have to constantly fight the wind. 10 years ago I would have called myself a ***** but age has a way of ruining the best laid plans. Looking cool is always important but lets be real, how friggin cool can you look at 64 years old. I still haven't thrown in the towel yet.:thumbsup:

Be thankful. With function over looks, I got to where you are at 64 at the age of 44. I still love to talk looks, as you can tell from my comments, but if I’m not comfortable, I’m changing it. Ugly’s better than uncomfortable. And as long as you can ride on two wheels at all, you’re incredibly blessed. And with a bike like this, you’re beyond blessed. Don’t throw in that towel until you have to, and do whatever mod you can to prolong it as far as possible. It’s sad to me that some of the pirate brigade within the H-D community could ride longer if they stepped back down to a lighter sportster, but ego won’t let them.

Of course, on looks, in the end, if you think it’s cool, and everyone else thinks it’s goofy, everyone else is wrong, and you gotta do YOU. :thumbsup:

I agree 100%. I can still hang with the younger guys in the back roads although a slight mistake by underestimating my speed going into a hard right turn made me reevaluate my riding skills a few weeks ago. It was one mistake although it could have been ugly. Maybe a motorized walker or a Razor scooter will be next on deck for me.🛴

Back