machflyer

Standard Bore
Hello all
I'm back in the saddle again after several years absent from cycling.
I have a 2006 R3 that I bought on eBay. Very happy with it so far -- 2,000 miles locally.
The fella that owned it before me removed the cat, put D&D's on...and the chrome covers for the exhaust. I've put on a Corbin saddle, rivco risers and throttlemeister. I'm starting to do mirrors, and other small embellishments while I research high dollar items like windscreens and saddlebags.

PS - Heading down to Memphis (from St Louis) on Friday 2 May -- for "Memphis in May" music festival. Anyone else riding down from this area or points north? It would be nice to share the road...

Cheers...

welcome aboard

Hey machflyer. welcome and enjoy the ride.
Sorry I'll be working that day.Sure would love to head South for awhile tho. Ride safe and have fun. xhdskip

Welcome aboard. You could have saved a ton of money by adding my 50 cent Flipmeister Throttle Lock (which does the same thing as the Throttlemeister) for around 50 cents.

I have more bling for less on my website. Makes my R3 look good too.

Post often. We are a fun group...................most of the time.:D

to Flip

Hey Flip, I finally decided I've GOT to have them stiffeners of yours., after mounting my bags and looking at them. I know your products are ALL quality, but I'm not sure even your stiffeners can help these bags out, as they're pretty weak looking. But I've gotta do something, so I ordered them last night. I don't remember if I put down the color of fasteners or not. If not, is the default color Black?
I hope so as thats what I want. If there's any problem just PM me.
I also took "before" pictures and I'll take installation pics and "after picts. so you can post em on your site. Like I said, If they can help these bags, your price should go up. Take care, xhdskip

they work

Hey Flip, I finally decided I've GOT to have them stiffeners of yours., after mounting my bags and looking at them. I know your products are ALL quality, but I'm not sure even your stiffeners can help these bags out, as they're pretty weak looking. But I've gotta do something, so I ordered them last night. I don't remember if I put down the color of fasteners or not. If not, is the default color Black?
I hope so as thats what I want. If there's any problem just PM me.
I also took "before" pictures and I'll take installation pics and "after picts. so you can post em on your site. Like I said, If they can help these bags, your price should go up. Take care, xhdskip

hey skip,
don't worry. flips' saddle bag stiffeners work very well.i thought all hope was lost till i installed the kit. lo and behold! they look like saddle bags once again! get the kit from flip,you'll be pleasantly surprised....

greg:D oh,by the way,welcome to the forum. Mach !

Last edited:
they're ordered

Yea I know they're bound to be good. Orders in and waitting for my PayPal numbers to clear, so Flip can get me hooked up. I can't wait to see em lookin good. take care and ride safe... xhdskip

Hey Machflyer!

If ride ride east out of KC on I 70 and you ride west we will probably hit head on in about a hour.....

Or maybe not :D.

Welcome!

South of STL

I'm about 60 miles south of you. What color is your bike? May see you around.
Ever go down to TJ's at Pevely?

Back