New Orleans ride

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Yesterday three of us (and one in a car) rode over to New Orleans to visit the WWII Museum. Very impressive, if you are a veteran or active duty you only pay $12 to get in, if you are a WWII vet, like Flip (just kidding Flip) you get in free. Otherwise they have combo admission prices if you go see the movie in the theater next door across the street. It is in 4D (shaking chairs and other effects).

Parking is hard to find ($10 for four hours) though there was some parking strictly for the museum around the back of the theater but it looked pretty full when we were searching for spaces.

If you want to eat...you better do it at the theater or the museum because in about a six block radius around the museum there was nothing open between 2 pm and 4:30 pm...we ended up leaving NO (after visiting Bourbon Street...way, way overrated by the way) and eating on the way back in Gulfport, Mississippi.

But it was a great ride, great weather and good company.

Dick, your secret is safe...see I didn't mention it at all.

Dennis

"(after visiting Bourbon Street...way, way overrated by the way)"

The place doesn't wake up till after dark……just like Greenwich Village all you see in the day is an empty shell.

Got to agree with ogre.
NOT the same after dark.
At morning light, it shuts down and the cleanup begins..
IF you went to Bourbon St. in the daylight hours,
you haven't been to Bourbon St. at all.
The whole French Quarter is the same, wall to wall PARTY.
3 blocks wide, 8 blocks long and wall to wall, into the streets PARTY...
EVERY NIGHT.

Yeah, just set your GPS to "shortest" way vice "fastest" way.

As far as Bourbon Street goes...since I don't drink and not really that much of a party guy...it still wouldn't do much for me.

There was a good "building up" crowd in process but the most I remember was the place stinks pretty bad. You can only let so much vomit, etc lie around for so long and it really got old after a couple of blocks.

I think I would rather go bowling (now there is something I haven't done in awhile)...would cost less and be more fun (speaking for me only here).

You guys go enjoy it if that's your thing.

Dennis

Back