New member looking for tuning advice.

Welcome.

When you say 'a' K&N filter do you mean the under seat one (about useless in terms of additional power) or 3 X Intake Filters?

This map: Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORs, triple/Ramair filters, ect. in the Resources section above should be a good starting point with good intake mod.

Or, verify that your VIN is 574813 or later and try tuneECU map R3R_Slip_grafted_onto_20773_base.hex at TuneECU Custom tune list Triumph

Always upload and save your current map before downloading a new one as per instructions.

Thanks Tribal
It’s just the one K&N under the seat. Changed it when doing the service. My VIN is later.
Does the android version of Tune ECU have more maps available?

The Hanso 2014+ is what I used on my 2016 Roadster. I have the Ramair installed, along with Dave Platt cans and crossover pipe. Runs great on this tune, but I haven't had it to the Dyno yet. The one dyno guy near me is pushing the power commander also, even though his website advertises direct ECU tuning and lists the Rocket as one of the models. I think they just want to sell more stuff. Frankly, I don't see the point in a PC with my setup. If I went with headers, new cams, etc, then sure.

On Tune ECU - it still works fine even though it is no longer supported. I have no issues with connecting to my ECU through a Windows based laptop.
Thanks Kojack. Very helpful. I don’t have Ramair, just an under seat K&N but I think I’ll give the Hanso a go.

That should work. Maybe a little rich as it’s expecting more air. Ram air or K&Ns are needed to get the full power out of it.

I agree that it might be rich. I
That should work. Maybe a little rich as it’s expecting more air. Ram air or K&Ns are needed to get the full power out of it.

I think you are right, that would be running rich. I read his post that he had K&N filters, assuming Pods, not the K&N under the seat. Not to be a jerk, but I think the general consensus by this group is that the K&N under the seat is essentially worthless because the restriction problem is with all the plastic intake duct work vs. the filter.

Thanks Kojack. Very helpful. I don’t have Ramair, just an under seat K&N but I think I’ll give the Hanso a go.
The under-seat offers little to no benefit. The major flow restrictions are the under-seat snorkels that feed the airbox and the inner plenum to outer plenum connectors.

Hello all.
Im in the U.K. and I have a2015 roadster which I imported from Australia. I’ve just fit Dave Platt Outlaw exhausts and already have a K&N filter.
I’m hoping somebody can help me with some tuning advice as I’m starting to get confused.
I took it to a local dyno tuner but he wouldn’t use tune ecu as he said there were problems doing it on 2014/15 models. He said I needed to get a power commander.
But, I’ve read in forums about the Penner tune, also the windows version of tune ecu being out of date.
Im happy to give it a go myself. I just need somebody to point in the right direction for my bike and set up.
Thanks all.
Hi and welcome Jimbo,, try giving Carl at Just Rockets a call.He really knows all about the rocket and tuning the beast.. https://justrockets.co.uk/

I agree that it might be rich. I

I think you are right, that would be running rich. I read his post that he had K&N filters, assuming Pods, not the K&N under the seat. Not to be a jerk, but I think the general consensus by this group is that the K&N under the seat is essentially worthless because the restriction problem is with all the plastic intake duct work vs. the filter.
Not a jerk when giving an honest answer.!

1. I did the underseat K&N - it did diddly squat
2. Took the filter cover off and Popped the rivets on the plastic seat breather - diddly squat again, but maybe dropped 2lbs
3. Went to the under tank K&N - more diddly squat (probably worse as its sucking in hot air off the engine, blocked by wires and frame on each side and no air where the tank hits).
4. Went to the smaller RU-2780's under bear claw, Jardines, PC, $400 Dyno tune. 124HP to 149HP. Yippie!
5. Cut the bear claw around the filters and put a hole in the front - Maybe a tiny bit better but not noticable.
6. Removed the cut up bear claw and I think it looks meaner without it.
7. Upgraded to the taller K&N RC-3680. Much prettier with the chrome tops but even louder though. A
I assume they pull in more air but I would need to remap on a Dyno and am too cheap to pay for that as it runs just fine for me.

Back