New member looking for tuning advice.

Jimbo74

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Roadster
Hello all.
Im in the U.K. and I have a2015 roadster which I imported from Australia. I’ve just fit Dave Platt Outlaw exhausts and already have a K&N filter.
I’m hoping somebody can help me with some tuning advice as I’m starting to get confused.
I took it to a local dyno tuner but he wouldn’t use tune ecu as he said there were problems doing it on 2014/15 models. He said I needed to get a power commander.
But, I’ve read in forums about the Penner tune, also the windows version of tune ecu being out of date.
Im happy to give it a go myself. I just need somebody to point in the right direction for my bike and set up.
Thanks all.

Hi Jimbo! For my 2010 Roadster, I use the Lonelec cable with Windows version of Tuneecu. Works without problems.
Here you can read about how it works and find custom maps, well, at this forum you can find it too:p
Scroll down to Fig. 11 and you'll see how to load a new map to the ECU.
You will have to look for a custom mapping that is mapped for your bike's setup.

Hi Jimbo! For my 2010 Roadster, I use the Lonelec cable with Windows version of Tuneecu. Works without problems.
Here you can read about how it works and find custom maps, well, at this forum you can find it too:p
Scroll down to Fig. 11 and you'll see how to load a new map to the ECU.
You will have to look for a custom mapping that is mapped for your bike's setup.
Thanks Ewout. I have the cable and I’ve downloaded Tune ECU already but that’s as far as I’ve got. My bike is a 2015 and falls in the category after a certain VIN number. There only seem to be a few maps on there, and none that suit my setup.
Also, when I downloaded Tune ECU, there was plenty of warnings saying the windows version is no longer supported and I should use the android version. That’s ok, but I’d have to buy an android tablet first.

Welcome.

When you say 'a' K&N filter do you mean the under seat one (about useless in terms of additional power) or 3 X Intake Filters?

This map: Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORs, triple/Ramair filters, ect. in the Resources section above should be a good starting point with good intake mod.

Or, verify that your VIN is 574813 or later and try tuneECU map R3R_Slip_grafted_onto_20773_base.hex at TuneECU Custom tune list Triumph

Always upload and save your current map before downloading a new one as per instructions.

Welcome.

When you say 'a' K&N filter do you mean the under seat one (about useless in terms of additional power) or 3 X Intake Filters?

This map: Hans0 tune for 2014+ Roadster, TORs, triple/Ramair filters, ect. in the Resources section above should be a good starting point with good intake mod.

Or, verify that your VIN is 574813 or later and try tuneECU map R3R_Slip_grafted_onto_20773_base.hex at TuneECU Custom tune list Triumph

Always upload and save your current map before downloading a new one as per instructions.

The Hanso 2014+ is what I used on my 2016 Roadster. I have the Ramair installed, along with Dave Platt cans and crossover pipe. Runs great on this tune, but I haven't had it to the Dyno yet. The one dyno guy near me is pushing the power commander also, even though his website advertises direct ECU tuning and lists the Rocket as one of the models. I think they just want to sell more stuff. Frankly, I don't see the point in a PC with my setup. If I went with headers, new cams, etc, then sure.

On Tune ECU - it still works fine even though it is no longer supported. I have no issues with connecting to my ECU through a Windows based laptop.

Invest the time and money to go to TTS and get it done.

Downloaded tunes can be right on....they can also be way off, and it doesn't matter who tuned the bike or if the modifications are identical.

There's an adaptation value, a long term fuel trim in the ECU. If your long term trim is different (it is) than the bike the tune was made on, the fueling will be off, could be off by 1% could be off by 20%.

No way to know unless you get it on a Dyno.

You will have a smoother and faster bike after visiting Richard than any time you might download.

PS: Your "local guy" is wrong, on all accounts.
- Don't need a PC-V.
- No change from 2014-2018.
-TuneECU works fine on all models of rocket 3, 2004-2018.

Back