reiniesred07

Standard Bore
I'm not yet a R3 owner yet, although I have demoed a couple of them in recent years. I currently own a 2007 Roadliner "S" with Corbin saddlebags & trunk. I would like to try the new R3T and just might make the switch from V-twins, which are getting pretty boring. There's a dealer with an 08 listed for $15,999 and mine books for just over $13,000 with a suggested dealer list of $14,780. I shouldn't have a very big difference to pay. Anyways I've always liked triples, having had two in the past. One a Yamaha XS750 and the other a 96 Triumph Adventurer. Maybe once I get a Rocket I'll fit in better on this forum.

I rode Harleys for many years and finally had enough of the dealers attitudes and their 25,000 motorcycles so I bought a Road Star. I enjoyed it but on long trips the V-Twins would beat me to death. We did a couple of cross country trips and on our way back from Canada last year, I decided to buy a new bike. We looked at a few different bikes including another Yamaha, Harleys, Victory and a couple others. I rode the Rocket and that was the end of the looking for me. We got back from our trip on Oct 2nd, tested the bike on the 3rd, and picked it up on the 4th. Never looked back. This is a great bike for everything I like to do. Fun to ride, lots of get up and go and it is great for long trips. Try it . . . you'll like it!

i went riding Sunday with my brother inlaw at the half point we traded bikes he wanted to see what the darkside tire was like so I rode his 2008 HD road king. Not a bad bike but I guess everything feels like a scooter after you ride a Rocket.

I didn't know Yamajama made a triple but I don't get out much. I had a Kaw 500 triple for about 2 weeks. They said it was faster than the 750. Anyway welcome whether you get one or not I'm on my second rocket and it is the last cruiser I will get I know that for a fact. It does it all for me, and my next one will be a dual street, dirt job.

Back