Want to Buy Need to replace damaged accident items

P9080001.JPG P9080002.JPG P9080003.JPG P9080005.JPG P9080006.JPG P9080007.JPG P9080008.JPG P9080010.JPG P9080011.JPG
Left side sustained damage only at very end of pipe, those are the 1st 3 pics. The right side was damaged much more, full-length scratch marks the entire length of the chrome pipe. Also flattened the outside of the right pipe best seen in last pic looking into the exhaust. I'm sick about this as there is no replacement Jardine parts available (at least right now) anywhere I've looked. The pipes are functional with no apparent leaks and believe it or not are perfectly symmetric when looking at the back of the bike. I'm wondering if someone could fabricate a chrome heat shield to install over the outer side of the pipes the hide the damage.
I posted the last pic for your entertainment, I am a HUGE fan of your country, been there twice and would be living there right now if it wasn't for a beautiful daughter/son-in-law along the their daughter/my granddaughter who live nearby.
Kia Ora!

P9080001.JPG P9080002.JPG P9080003.JPG P9080005.JPG P9080006.JPG P9080007.JPG P9080008.JPG P9080010.JPG P9080011.JPG
Left side sustained damage only at very end of pipe, those are the 1st 3 pics. The right side was damaged much more, full-length scratch marks the entire length of the chrome pipe. Also flattened the outside of the right pipe best seen in last pic looking into the exhaust. I'm sick about this as there is no replacement Jardine parts available (at least right now) anywhere I've looked. The pipes are functional with no apparent leaks and believe it or not are perfectly symmetric when looking at the back of the bike. I'm wondering if someone could fabricate a chrome heat shield to install over the outer side of the pipes the hide the damage.
I posted the last pic for your entertainment, I am a HUGE fan of your country, been there twice and would be living there right now if it wasn't for a beautiful daughter/son-in-law along the their daughter/my granddaughter who live nearby.
Kia Ora!

What I would do is repair that L/H muffler, not too much work in that.
The R/H one I would strip the chrome then replace that whole tube (I can press that Radiused end at the front) and weld the inlet end back on, actually it could be easier to simply make a complete new unit, it wouldn't be difficult.

I can see why people have said they are loud when looking down that R/H unit :eek:

is this something I could bring to a local muffler/custom exhaust shop?
I love your obvious expertise, just not sure how to access it.

is this something I could bring to a local muffler/custom exhaust shop?
I love your obvious expertise, just not sure how to access it.

Yea' that's the problem, us being half a World away.
But can advise you all the way if needed.
Basically these mufflers are just a straight piece of tube, pressed at the inlet end and slash cut at the other end.
Measure the diameter of the tube and try a few muffler shops to see if they can press that radiused inlet.
If you can get that done the rest is just weld the inlet tube to it, drill a hole to locate the baffle tube, and slash cut the end.
Possibly I could make you up the tube and send that to you, just raw, you can finish it,

If you repair you could either just paint them black or maybe ceramic coat. I imagine re-chroming as a single 'retail' job would be a deal breaker and as Paul said cheaper to replace entirely by a custom pro like him.
But then cost comes in again.
With all the stuffing around it may be easier just to go to a muffler shop and have them make something to fit your headers and presumably undamaged collector.

If saving money for a reasonable outcome I'd be tempted to just remove the collector and get a single muffler can on the right hand side would look fine and save a fortune.

Otherwise with all that filthy lucre you got in insurance buy a complete system from Paul's Viking Exhausts NZ or CES in Australia and unless you really want dual pipes go single sided like many have.

Back