Motorcycle Consumer News

Wadejesu

Supercharged
Ride
R3 TFC #391
Just received a letter stating that my last issue was my last issue, the company has been dissolved. Cycle mags are dropping like flies. Only one left is CycleWorld. What a shame. Also Autoweek bit the dust. who would of thought.

I was a longtime Autoweek subscriber. They folded and I got Automobile as a replacement. Then they folded and now I get Road and Track. The magazine industry is following the newspaper industry circling the drain. Too bad really. I know I'm not the new target demographic, but swiping on a phone or tablet just isn't the same as turning a page.

Plus, dropping the phone into the toilet is a lot more expensive that last months issue.

I was a longtime Autoweek subscriber. They folded and I got Automobile as a replacement. Then they folded and now I get Road and Track. The magazine industry is following the newspaper industry circling the drain. Too bad really. I know I'm not the new target demographic, but swiping on a phone or tablet just isn't the same as turning a page.

Plus, dropping the phone into the toilet is a lot more expensive that last months issue.

your the reason they all fold?

As the Great Robert Zimmerman said --the times they are a changin. A few of these mags were very proud of the fact that they did not accept advertising as a money source:eek: bit them on the arse did it not.

That would be Motorcycle Consumer News and to stay objective they had to.

That would be Motorcycle Consumer News and to stay objective they had to.

I have benifited from MCN and (been published in it a few times) for many, many years.
I shall miss it. :(
Rider is a good mag I shall continue to enjoy. Maybe I need to find another . . .

Back