Mods and Rockers Toronto

Triple Trouble

The Duk of death
Orchard Beach. Ont. Canada , London England
Ride
'05 Rocket III '73 Norton Commando 65 Norton Atlas
This weekend is our Mods and Rockers weekend in Toronto. I help put it on with a few mates. In January we won an award at the Motorcycle Supershow for best event for riders and this week the National Post rated it number one in its list of the top five things to do in Toronto this week. The weather looks great and we're hoping for a great turnout. Can't go wrong really with old bikes n scooters, rock n roll and a good old fashioned burlesque show.
Mods n Rockers - Toronto
Now I'm off to polish the Rocket as, unfortunately with the move and house renovations I haven't had time to put the Norton on the road this year.

That looks sweet!
If I was in the area I would visit the event.

Now I got to play my Quadrophenia album.
The good old days....nah!... now I got my Rocket

Whats a Tax disc? :confused:

In the UK and I guess Canada, one has to pay road tax.
Same as the US, in the US we have a little square sticker that you attach to the corner of the tag (registration number plate)

The proof of road tax payment is in the form of a round paper disc.
The paper goes into the Tax Disc and the tax disc is bolted to the motorcycle or scooter frame

Edit...Sorry, after going back to the site. The Tax Disc is only UK. So it is worth a little more money.

Some people place them on thier bikes as some people place German number plates on the front of thier DB's or BMW's etc.
If you had a Triumph TR4 for example maybe a British number plate would look cool on the front bumper

For the yanks who have never heard of the mods and rockers see if you can rent a movie called Quadrophenia it will be two hours of your life wasted but what the hell you have nothing else to do:D some good music and a little insight of the biker craze of the 60s.
I remember my big brothers scooter he had twenty mirrors on each side I will lhave to ask him if he has any pictures.:D

Back