Mis-firing at constant speed

Valk21

.020 Over
Ride
2006 classic
Bike runs fine under load,but on level road maintaning speed theleast amount of throttle bike skips and misses till i give it alittle more throttle. Any ideas?

Bike runs fine under load,but on level road maintaning speed theleast amount of throttle bike skips and misses till i give it alittle more throttle. Any ideas?
What’s your set up ? Exhaust, intake mods? I had the same as you, I believe it’s exhaust reversion. It can be tuned out....ish.

What’s your set up ? Exhaust, intake mods? I had the same as you, I believe it’s exhaust reversion. It can be tuned out....ish.
Bike has 50,000 miles on it. Jardine exust,kn air filter sinse new.had problem two yrs ago. Then went away? 12 minute tune not working. Vacuum lines makes some sence.

Don't forget to check the primary leads to the 3 ignition coils. The spade connectors will loosen causing a misfire at times. Remove and give them a slight squeeze with pliers and reinsert. #1 can be a pain to reach.

Talked with dealer about poor running. They claim since valves have never been adjusted,52000 miles, this could be the cause. Only does it after bike is hot. Said he was pretty sure,hope so. $500.00 to adjust,ouch!

Back