Mid control adjustment question with Quick Shift

stingray

Nitrous
Ride
'21Rocket 3GT, '17 KTM 1290 SDGT, '04 Goldwing
I decided to get the mid controls and was wanting to know about the mid controls up/down adjustment with Quick Shift I guess it would be the same as the R model with the shift assist. Anyway, does the sensor have to be reset in the ecu after moving the controls up or down for a better fit? I guess it uses the linkage pieces under the side cover? I'm just trying to figure out if the dealer has to be involved if the position changes from the middle. Thanks and I'm looking forward to the mids.

The diagnostic tool is required to select control type to forward or rear so that the shift force sensor voltages will be interpreted correctly. Those voltages are the reverse of each other, meaning that the downshift voltage for forward is the same as the upshift voltage for rear.

Thanks. What I'm wondering is after first activation, will the diagnostic tool be required again if just moving the mid controls up or down. Assuming the linkage is set correctly for the change. Sounds like it will if it just looks for an impulse to actuate. Going to the dealer is an absolute nightmare I try to avoid. I'll make sure to test ride and see how they feel before signing off on it.

I believe the diagnostic tool will be required. Activation is separate from configuration of control type (forward or rear). If the control type is not correct then the ECU will think you are attempting to downshift when you upshift, and vice versa.

I'm basing this on the installation instructions for the mid controls. I'd love to be wrong though. This is the only thing keeping me from getting the mid controls - I'd like to be able to switch back and forth myself without having to visit the dealer.

Attachments

• mid_controls_tsa.png
    mid_controls_tsa.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 26
Roger that, thanks. I probably won't be switching back. I'll just keep all the bits together if the next owner wants the forwards back on. Shift assist changes will be on him. If I could purchase the dealer diagnostic tool/software I'd be interested in owning more Triumphs.

The diagnostic tool is required to select control type to forward or rear so that the shift force sensor voltages will be interpreted correctly. Those voltages are the reverse of each other, meaning that the downshift voltage for forward is the same as the upshift voltage for rear.
Do you know if the TuneECU app will let you adjust this?

Back