Mechanic shop needed

outriders58

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III classic
Looking for any information for a good mechanic shop. Living in Las Vegas area, and the Triumph shop won't work on my bike because it's a 2007, and over 10 years old. Now I have an
oil leak in the front seal. Front part of the engine. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Looking for any information for a good mechanic shop. Living in Las Vegas area, and the Triumph shop won't work on my bike because it's a 2007, and over 10 years old. Now I have an
oil leak in the front seal. Front part of the engine. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

your r better off if they don't work on it.
change your oil filter they sometime leaks (and also Purolator that is the wrong one)
picture would b great. if we get pic we can advise.

Triumph dealers have there hands tied and changed dramatically the way they do business. Talking with a dealer they will not put an aftermarket device of any kind on even a friggin horn. Even if the aftermarket add on are 100% legal they can not and will not do it anymore. I asked about a horn last year for my 2020 as they replaced one on my 14 Rocket. They stated they can't make any changes other than stock. They will sell you the horn but won't put it on even after the warranty is up. He went further and stated any motorcycle they buy from a party for a trade in must have 100% original parts all the way down to the mirrors. He said if they were to buy a 2017 or what ever year Rocket it must be original everything before they purchase it to sell. They will buy your Rocket if it doesn't have say the right horn or mirrors but they will take the price off to buy and install the items from your selling price. I wonder if this is policy or just in Suckafornia. Good times.:thumbsup:

Since there is really no front seal in the rocket as the clutch cover which has a gasket and a seal where the lifter shaft goes thru. In the front of the head there is a vibration bolt that I've seen a couple vibrate loose. Can be checked and tighten from the side opposite the throttle bodies. Then there is the cam cover gasket part of it is on the front of the engine. The only other gaskets or seals on the front is the O-ring seal between the water pump and the clutch cover. And the O-ring on the coolant intake pipe. Theer is a O-ring on the crankshaft inspection plug of the clutch cover. So I'm confused as to what you are calling the front seal ?

Complain to Triumph USA that your Triumph dealer refuses to work on Triumphs that are over 10 years old.

Imagine if HD dealers had that attitude, no one would purchase HDs.
Lol, Harley dealer in Batavia NY had same policy back when I had a Harley

Complain to Triumph USA that your Triumph dealer refuses to work on Triumphs that are over 10 years old.

Imagine if HD dealers had that attitude, no one would purchase HDs.
Most dealers are like that in Houston. I know at least 2 Harley dealers and one BMW dealer like that

Triumph dealers have there hands tied and changed dramatically the way they do business. Talking with a dealer they will not put an aftermarket device of any kind on even a friggin horn. Even if the aftermarket add on are 100% legal they can not and will not do it anymore. I asked about a horn last year for my 2020 as they replaced one on my 14 Rocket. They stated they can't make any changes other than stock. They will sell you the horn but won't put it on even after the warranty is up. He went further and stated any motorcycle they buy from a party for a trade in must have 100% original parts all the way down to the mirrors. He said if they were to buy a 2017 or what ever year Rocket it must be original everything before they purchase it to sell. They will buy your Rocket if it doesn't have say the right horn or mirrors but they will take the price off to buy and install the items from your selling price. I wonder if this is policy or just in Suckafornia. Good times.:thumbsup:
I cannot think that's can ever be good for business.. I know Harley won't stick anything other than a Harley at their showroom here in Sioux Falls and actually bought another place just to sell their non Harley trade ins but this sounds overly ridiculous..... then again..you never know

If you can get a good look at it and get a pic it may help us. If it is the cam cover gasket then it is fairly easy. At that time it would also not be a bad idea to switch over to K&Ns or RamAir and get rid of the plumbing under there. I live in Pahrump and if it is simple enough I may be able to give you a hand.

bob

The other common leak is the rocker cover gasket at the corners typically .......a visible bubble or bulge of the rubber gasket is formed by imperfect fitment. These are often just a weep or even when substantial do not necessarily show on the floor directly below the source. Many track along seams and fins to drip on the floor elsewhere.

Fitting the rocker cover is an art in itself to ensure a new gasket does not get squeezed out when torquing down. Search the related terms and you will find numerous threads with explanatory photos and detailed remedies.
Five similar threads appear linked at the bottom of every thread which can speed up finding stuff of interest.

Back