Meanwhile, 3 weeks and 2 days since the accident.....

thorin

Owner of Goliath, the giant motorcycle
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket III
have replaced most broken bits and pieces on the bike and she is roadworthy.
i drove the bike into town this morning to have new mufflers installed (replacing damaged Jardines).
getting ready this morning, i must admit to a bit of anxiousness.
had cottonmouth the whole ride (20 miles).
stayed the heck away from everyone.
i know i'll loosen up but expect to keep the wisdom earned while sliding down the highway.
i am very lucky to be riding again this soon.
fractured ankle sounded worse than it really is, healing great.
i'll post a pic of her after new muffler install.
and the bike looks **** good again. waiting on new tank and a few smaller items.
big shout out to this whole group for getting me and my bike back on my feet again!

i have not replaced the mesh jacket at this point.
despite my earlier statements about mesh, i learned that the forearm of this jacket is not mesh, it is cordura or something similar. the material did not fail. what happened is the wrist snap came undone on impact and the sleeve rode up my arm, exposing my skin to the asphalt.
i REALLY liked the jacket and may replace it knowing the snap is the weak point.....

I ride with a Joe Rocket Mesh jacket. I really like it. I know I have more exposure with it, but the cool riding on hot days is worth the risk.
Same with my modular helmet. I know full face is more protective, but the convenience to me is worth the risk.

Life is not without risk.

i REALLY liked the jacket and may replace it knowing the snap is the weak point.....
Thing is - they are on most jackets. Look for a nice vented leather Jacket. For most the forearm needs no special cooling and a close fitting leather sleeve will be fine. Venting gussets in the upper/underarm. I've been trying on Jackets here in the UK as there is more variety. My mesh jacket has a perforated-leather/cordura mix - but between you and Frank - my trust in mesh is gone.

I got an amazingly cheap solution, ventilated and construction: Stainless Steel Loops. Don't know why you would zinc plate stainlesss though.;):D:eek:

US$65.00 & FREE Shipping

61OiwySQP3L.jpg

71XlweOWvvL._SL1000_.jpg

You are bidding a high quality Chain Mail shirt and coif set. Zinc plated steel construction. This Chain Mail Armor Long Shirt can be seen in different times and different era in history. This particular Armor is consisted of small metal rings linked together to for a protective barrier between you and your enemy. Also, this Chain Mail Armor is known as the haubergeon which means that it fits mid-thigh length. This chain mail armor is awesome, its a must get for medieval lovers. Construction: Stainless Steel Loops. Overall Length: 27 Inches. Buss: 23 Inches. Arm Width: 10 Inches. Arm Length: 10 Inches.

I got an amazingly cheap solution, ventilated and construction: Stainless Steel Loops. Don't know why you would zinc plate stainlesss though.;):D:eek:

US$65.00 & FREE Shipping

61OiwySQP3L.jpg

71XlweOWvvL._SL1000_.jpg

You are bidding a high quality Chain Mail shirt and coif set. Zinc plated steel construction. This Chain Mail Armor Long Shirt can be seen in different times and different era in history. This particular Armor is consisted of small metal rings linked together to for a protective barrier between you and your enemy. Also, this Chain Mail Armor is known as the haubergeon which means that it fits mid-thigh length. This chain mail armor is awesome, its a must get for medieval lovers. Construction: Stainless Steel Loops. Overall Length: 27 Inches. Buss: 23 Inches. Arm Width: 10 Inches. Arm Length: 10 Inches.
The Zinc plate is to minimize sparks as you hurtle down the road faster than you were actually riding ! ;)

Back