Maybe I didn't touch wood fast enough

ausgnome

.020 Over
Ride
2005 R3
I read the thread on the detent spring yesterday , and thought to myself wow 80,000 k + and I've never had that issue

Roll on this am left home for work ,cruised down the freeway and as I started down the exit ramp changed down a gear or two and false neutral , changed down again same thing. Seems now I have to rest my foot on the lever to keep it in gear when I change down.

1st -> 5th now worries doesn't miss a beat , 5th -> 1st have to rest my foot on the lever , which seems to be ass about to those describing detent spring issues

Is the Detent spring the Issue I wonder or the selector

Last edited:
***n unlucky. maybe the POMS have sent the crap ones to OZ???? Hmm Convict springs:roll::roll::p:cautious:

That's crap luck, there is no rhyme or reason some guys never have one go yet some have had the go early on and others later but interesting thing is that every one I have seen posted (picture) by others and my own is they break exactly in the same spot, obviously a design fault

OK on the way Home , traffic lights went 1 k from home down to first gear ,
now I can't move the gear lever is this a symptom of something worse ?.
Idled the bike home in first no noises or anything

deten spring .. try for warranty claim if it's the first time it's gone on you .. can't hurt mate.

Oops 2005 model .. maybe bit past warranty claims.

Back