As to the heat issue, my age is starting to dictate what works and what doesn't. It's chosen to numb a few things already ( That comment will start a whole 'nother link with this crowd)

I promise, Scouts honor that I won't make any comment other to say that I'm in the same boat, at least I think I am.:D

I was riding down US23 today going into school and I did notice that the cat box seems to generate quite a bit of heat while it's promoting cleaner air. I suspect that I will shelve it this winter. Bart told me the stock cat box weighs in around 30 pounds. That sucker must have more rooms in it than the Great Pyramid. Personally, I'm in favor of the Staintune bypass though it's, I believe, the most pricey of the bunch, but I like the looks of it better than the "P" trap look of the Triumph OEM bypass. I'll keep the stock pipes, air cleaner and all that related rubbish. I like listening to the wind.....and my front discs tinking.:eek:

Pen drive or thumb drive, it's depends on your particular model. I've got one of each. Heat issue: I'm toying with the idea of a pair of custom lowers, attached to the tip-over bars, to redirect (scoop) air flow back along and low on the engine. A couple pieces of cardboard should do it:eek: I think the fork lowers are responsible for some of the current heat build up. The key: 65mph at all times:roll:

I tipped the lowers inward (looks funky) to try and channel more air to the beast. It did just that but felt more like peering inside a volcano. A huge updraft under the chin. There is just a huge amount of heat involved with making that much HP. A windshield vent like the old Vetter round ones might work. I heard that J.C. Whitney still carries them. they will fit in any windscreen.

Back