theharleydr

.020 Over
Just finished the trans upgrade on my 2005. 18000 miles the shift actuator bolt fell through the trans.
Fired her up today on the lift and got a MAP sensor open or shorted code. The wiring schematic shows three pink wires with various tracer colors. Mine are blue, purple and black. the sensor gets hot with key on but not the wires. The black is ground but both the blue and purple are 12 VDC hot. Now it seems to me that one should be a feed of 12 vdc to the sensor and the other signal out to the ECM. The harness is intact and before the trans issue all was fine. Why it went to hell sitting on the lift for four months is beyond me .
What is the deal with the wire colors not matching the schematic and what is up with 12 volts on both the purple and blue wires? Any help appreciated.
The new sensor is $100 and two weeks out. Don't want to waste the money if it is a wire issue.:catfight: IMG_20140409_111100_232.jpg

If my memory serves me right (which sometimes it does not) there should be a constant 5 volts from the ECU going to the Map sensor and 0 to 5 volt signal going back to the ECU depending on the vacuum pressure at any given point. I will look around for my notes when I programed the digital signal interceptor on mine. I also must say I have never heard of a map sensor going bad on a Rocket.

if you have disconnected it,on reconnection it will bring up a fault code just get the error deleted.mine did it today on reconnection deleted and all good

Back