low fuel warning light

Tatonka

.040 Over
Had the low fuel warning light fixed under warranty. It was going on at about 1/2 tank. Seems on occassion when the float is installed in the tank, the arm gets bent which affects the float rise and voltage pull.
Dealer straightened the arm and recalibrated, 2.4 volts dc should turn on the light with about 1 gallon left, it's not exact so the trip meter is a necessary back-up

Had the same problem this also affects the fuel gage if you have one fitted.

Clock Kit and Fuel Gauge

I have had the clock kit and fuel gauge fitted.
Ordered them here, and was going to fit them myself, but after talking to the lads in the shop, decided to get them to do it.

Bloody nose bleedingly expensive, at about 300 quid including two hours labour, but they look the dogs bollocks either side of the clock and tacho, and set of the front of the bike to a treat, so if you have the dosh,I would recommend it. The thing is...... you look at them ALL THE TIME, so it is money well spent, and I use the clock all the time. The fuel gauge is linked to the fuel light, so no improvement on accuracy really, cause when the gauge shows empty on red, the light comes on, and you still have a couple of gallons in the tank......... but it just looks soooooo good.
:lol:

Clock Kit
Part No. A9938019

Price £129.99

(fuel gauge also available)

£129.99

ClockKitpopup.jpg

it is on the Triumph official website so will be on the USofA site too...

I had the same problem with my fuel light .I lifted the tank pulled the pump out bent the float arm about 20 degrees. Now the light comes on after I burned about 5 gallons

Nomad and I got the clock and fuel gauge as part of the limited addiction Racing Fame Yellow Rocket (the best and fastest), it also came with cat extraction and loud pipes :twisted:

that is basically what they did at the dealer, took them two tries as they bent the arm putting it back in the first time. They also put a voltage meter on it, their specs indicate that a 2.4 dc pull at the switch should leave approx. 1 gal in the tank when the light comes on. I suspect that the addition of a fuel gage would not be any more accurate than the light, so checking mileage with the trip-o-meter over time seems to be the way to go, since there are two trip-o-meters, one for gas, one for trip is actually rather handy.

Back