Looking for ECU Map

JeffR3Colorado

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
I am new to doing anything with the ECU, so please forgive me if my questions are foolish. I am looking to add an exhaust and ramair intake to my bike and need to find a good ECU Map for it. Here are the details.

2007 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic Tourer - currently stock
adding a RamAir intake
adding a Triple D Race Exhaust (eliminating the Cat)

I believe in efficiency and balance. I am riding at 9000 feet. We have 20% less O2 up here, so they need to breath easier. and have proper back pressure. My average ride can range from 10,500 ft elevation down to 3,000 ft in one day.
I don't do burnouts or wheelies. and I am not drag racing. This is a Tour bike, I sometimes take my wife and ride 2 up. I like low and mid range power. Passing a car , or getting out of a tight situation. The crack the throttle and go type power.

What is the best and most reasonable ECU map to put on the bike if I do these upgrades???

Thanks for the advice in advance....

Jeff - Having read and reread your post. A couple of things spring to mind and are worth mentioning.

I ride at about 1000metres usually - but when I travel to the coast - well it's at sea level. So I do understand. Also played a lot in the Austrian Alps as a youth and have seen what happens when air supply drops too far.

90% of the TuneECU maps you'll find are liable to give you trouble (from experience). They'll be way too rich for 3000m.
Many will be made for power and concentrating on the Fuel Tables which are TPS based, whereas given your altitude variations and type of riding - I think you'll be needing well adjusted L tables. The L tables are manifold pressure based.

This is - from experience - not that easy. Sadly! - I wish it were.

Allow me to suggest considering a Power Commander 5 with Auto/Tune. Have the bike tuned properly at whatever altitude. And let the PC5-AT do the altitude O2 adaption for you. You can also use a PC5AT in pressure mode - but whilst it is excellent you will spend many many not so fun hours trying to get it right.

This was a marvelous thread started by one of our more OCD tuning chaps @Claviger - I took the bull by the horns and had a go with his help, but boy was it a job. Nevertheless - have a read How To: Add Pressure Input for PC-V

Jeff - Having read and reread your post. A couple of things spring to mind and are worth mentioning.

I ride at about 1000metres usually - but when I travel to the coast - well it's at sea level. So I do understand. Also played a lot in the Austrian Alps as a youth and have seen what happens when air supply drops too far.

90% of the TuneECU maps you'll find are liable to give you trouble (from experience). They'll be way too rich for 3000m.
Many will be made for power and concentrating on the Fuel Tables which are TPS based, whereas given your altitude variations and type of riding - I think you'll be needing well adjusted L tables. The L tables are manifold pressure based.

This is - from experience - not that easy. Sadly! - I wish it were.

Allow me to suggest considering a Power Commander 5 with Auto/Tune. Have the bike tuned properly at whatever altitude. And let the PC5-AT do the altitude O2 adaption for you. You can also use a PC5AT in pressure mode - but whilst it is excellent you will spend many many not so fun hours trying to get it right.

This was a marvelous thread started by one of our more OCD tuning chaps @Claviger - I took the bull by the horns and had a go with his help, but boy was it a job. Nevertheless - have a read How To: Add Pressure Input for PC-V
Thank you, I will look into that more. I am pretty good with carbs, but ECU and programming is a stretch for me.

Back