locks on the Corbin Beetle Bags

atjurhs

.060 Over
Ride
2017 R3 Roadster
hey guys,

i got in a set of Corbin Beetle Bags for my 2017 roadster gloss black with red stripes.

the bags installed great, and they look great, but locks on these bags are almost (not fully) plastic junk. the first time i tried to lock one the locking mechanism wouldn't hold and the other locking mechanism just seized up and wouldn't turn. for $2000 i expected much better than this!

i took them apart, lubed up all the pieces (used a lot of lube) and put them back together. the one lock still won't hold locking mechanism so that one doesn't lock. but i did get the other one (the one that was siezed up to work). again, for $2000 i expected much better than this!

called corbin to see what could be done, got pushed to a rep that never answered his phone, 3 times! the receptionist said that's the only locks the bags come with, "no other metal ones to upgrade to" again. the last call the receptionist didn't even pick up the phone. i'll bug them again tomorrow. again, for $2000 i expected much better than this!

ok, i'll stop my ranting, actually i hope someone from corbin reads this and will fix the issue, hint, hint.

anyways, the point of my post is does anyone know where i can buy "generic metal "cam lock" like the ones used on cubards that could possibly be substituted for? the plastic locks they give look pretty standard.

thanks!

Todd

Last edited:
Don't waste your time calling Corbin...it will only serve to make you mad and to swear off buying anything from them ever again...That's how I ended up with a fairing after 6+ months of waiting and not the bags. I refuse to do business with a company that sucks that badly at taking care of their customers.

ok i get it, but that doesn't help my original question...

does anyone know where i can buy "generic metal "cam lock" like the ones used on cubards that could possibly be substituted for?

Last edited:
i will call Corbin again later today and will tell them that i will dispute the charge with my credit card company if i don't have new locks at my mail delivery on Saturday

that should get their attention!

cabinet maker supply houses might have something you can use. The interwebs will reveal all if you search.

rocketjohn,

that's exactly my plan of action, i was just hoping that someone had already done that research and would share the part number and vendor

thanks!

Todd

so with the 5th call, some manger type dude answered his phone, was very apologetic and said he would send out a new set of locks priority mail, we'll see, fortunately i don't think i will have to execute the "nuclear option" with the credit card company...

I bought my R3R with the same bags already on it. The locks are just a joke, so I fiddled with them for a while and just gave up on the locking idea. Now they're just latches. I agree that for the price of these bags I would be really pissed that they put these mickey mouse units in them. It just doesn't make good business sense?o_O
Let us know if you find a better solution. Other than the latches I really like the bags.

Back