For Sale LIKE NEW 05 R3 Engine/LOW MILES/MISSING SECOND GEAR

Hello all! Well with the 05 engine being officially removed for sometime now Id like to offer a fair compromise of a deal for any interested parties, as i do understand shipping is a factor.

Hello all! Well with the 05 engine being officially removed for sometime now Id like to offer a fair compromise of a deal for any interested parties, as i do understand shipping is a factor.
If you ship it, usps has a service and they use freight company, 300 bucks from Mn to Tn to give you an idea of cost,

I have a 2005 triumph rocket 3 engine for sale
>2nd GEAR GONE< ridiculous low mileage. 16,000-17,000 miles. Like new!! Is a strong running engine, but the 2nd gear had started slipping, let a friend ride-did not listen,to skip second gear, brought back with no gear at all! Evident sound of the shredded flakes moving around when in 1st gear not 3rd +, was obvious to park up.
Now swapping this engine with a 2014 roadster engine (higher mileage as the con)
If curious to learn more or have further detailed rundown, ask anytime. Price is flexible and willing to negotiate if interested

If only shipping was not so expensive from USA to AUS. Can you give me the weight

If you ship it, usps has a service and they use freight company, 300 bucks from Mn to Tn to give you an idea of cost,
Hm not bad. I paid 600 to get my roadster engine to me

And they were COOL engines at the vin :D
Yep, not too many other vehicles would have COOL in their VIN codes, but only for USA and Canada Rocket III Standards VINs Lupe. ;)
The US and Canada have the 'L' after and Aussie /UK have it before the model code in the 17 digit/character VIN.
US/Canada and Australia 6th, 7th, 8th code characters are the model type
C00 = ROCKET III
C01 = ROCKET III CLASSIC
C02 - ROCKET III + ABS
C05 = ROCKET III TOURING
C06 = ROCKET III TOURING & ABS

Last edited:
Now if he gives us the VIN of his bike we can confirm it would not match his 7 digit stamped engine number. ......and just before you all panic, NO stamped engine numbers match the last 6 digits of the VIN serial numbers on any Rocket IIIs.
E.g.
USA sold 2015 Rocket X
VIN SMTCO2L46FJ698125 Engine no. 3699527 Manufactured 01/15

BUT, the stamped engine number is a separate indicator of production series, however, engines were NOT used sequentially. Many RIII Classics came out with Silver engines well after they ceased appearing on Rocket III Standard models. NO Rocket III Tourings ever came out with silver painted engines but black painted engines numbers may not run concurrent with other 2008 onwards models.

Many parts listing guides refer to engine numbers when they actually mean the last 6 digits of the VIN but there MAY be engine or driveline parts specific to 7 digit ENGINE numbers and not just the last 6 digits of the VIN codes. I.e. if you have a early frame VIN code and a late ENGINE number you may end up with parts that do not fit. E.g. oil pipes from oil tank to engine changed early in 2005 on Silver engines but later silver and black engines have a different diameter and a different oil tank to early models. The extra parts can be swapped out but another thing for the unwary to note.

Back