Licence plate light(euro)

Ollie

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3R
Just wondering the construction of licence plate light(see light case photo from above) from my brand new 3R.
Clear cap between the body and light case...definitely not watertight...Like a bit "pulled out" or some o-ring/gasket missing. Even wires can be seen. Trying gently to push parts together - no success/move.
Visiting and asking today from local Triumph dealer and they wondering first that too - but when we compared to some new 3Rs and GTs, they all have that same loss of tightness.

Seems to be basic design(according to the dealer) - or do you fellows find same from your euro style plate light? Might be an issue when raining - even just plate light.
This closer investigation starts, when my rear left turn signal(euro-type LED) was broken after first 300km ride(will be changed as a warranty issue)

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpg
    IMG_1879.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 47
it's a design flaw, noticed it on mine before I took it off and tidied the tail.

There is a single fixing at the bottom and 2 locating dowel type prongs, also at the bottom... not a lot you can do to fix it.

1596535512963.png

Back