Lane Splitting Shot Down ... AGAIN

Oh, yeah!

I've been fantasizing about having a handlebar mounted chain gun for years.:eek::roll:

m134d-land.jpg

WA Lane Splitting Bill Fails After Passing Senate

SSB 5378 (Lane Splitting) failed to get scheduled for a committee hearing by the cutoff date after passing the full Senate. Although SSB 5378 passed the Senate as a clean and safe bill (unlike last session after unsafe amendments were made), the bill failed to get scheduled for a hearing before the House Transportation Committee and is now effectively dead this session. SSB 5378 would have permitted lane-splitting on state highways with speed restrictions as a 2-year pilot project that would have to be renewed by the legislature to become permanent law.
WA Lane Splitting Bill Fails After Passing Senate

SSB 5378 (Lane Splitting) failed to get scheduled for a committee hearing by the cutoff date after passing the full Senate. Although SSB 5378 passed the Senate as a clean and safe bill (unlike last session after unsafe amendments were made), the bill failed to get scheduled for a hearing before the House Transportation Committee and is now effectively dead this session. SSB 5378 would have permitted lane-splitting on state highways with speed restrictions as a 2-year pilot project that would have to be renewed by the legislature to become permanent law.

I know It's legal in California, AB51 passed in August of 2016 but I have been doing it for over 27 years out here and never been pulled over. Hell I've even pulled up between two California Patrol Cruisers at a traffic light and the Cops didn't even bat and eyelid...

Lane splitting is legal in some places and stupid in all places. The possibilities of bad things happening when splitting so far outweigh the benefits that it amazes me how many people who are otherwise fairly bright think it is a good thing.

INDEED!!! And I be very envious. :(
But we have GUNS!!! :roll:
I fired my new Colt AR15 and IWI Tavor X95 for the first time today. :whitstling: :inlove
Twas even better than lane splitting . . . :rolleyes::D
just sayin' . . .

X95, wow! :thumbsup:

Did you get the "normal" trigger guard for it?

Lane splitting is legal in some places and stupid in all places. The possibilities of bad things happening when splitting so far outweigh the benefits that it amazes me how many people who are otherwise fairly bright think it is a good thing.

FYI -
ALL the data and studies made in this regard over many years disagree with your personal opinion and relate quite the opposite.
just sayin' . . .

We also have firearms (guns?) ,although not allowed autofire ,machine guns etc. One must be licensed etc to be legal. Many illegal folk have firearms for sure.

Back