Is this... where we are headed?

No... This is where we are headed.
Idiocracy - Trailer - YouTube

We are causing this by always wanting the best for our children. I am just as guilty as anyone. My son is a top level club soccer player.. and my daughter is becoming a top level barrel racer.. with 6 horses. $$$$ Our parents were less spoiled than us.. their parents were even less spoiled... and the parents before that were riding horse and buggy without running water and shooting the occaisional buffalo to have something to eat. My kids have never known what it's like to have to stand by the phone to talk.. They've never not had video games or super fast computers or Ebay.. or anything. I purposely live out in the country with horses and several acres mainly for them to have a place to get out and run wild and at least experience some type of work to accomplish things.. My daughter is a super hard worker... My son, as smart as he is.. could almost fit right in this movie.. although he tends to become smarter and more responsible when his girl friend is around.. lol

Well, I can not disagree with you. I too was farm raised, in a world so different from the one we live in today. I wish I felt differently about my own son.... But I do not, a fact that saddens me greatly.

I watched some news last night....One lady was saying the the people that wrote the Consitiution would be ashamed of the Second Amendment because of the type of guns we have today...in american hands...Semi-Automatic weapons...Hi capicity Mags.....Pump shot guns...ect.ect

Correct me if I am wrong...When the Constitution was written...We had just finished a War to become the USA. The weapons that was used in that War was the very best and modern that could be made or bought from all over the world at that time in History. The Second Admendent says that every American has the right to keep and bare arms. Those were the same arms that all Americans had then.

We today do NOT have the most powerful Arms out there....Our military does ...but not the average citizen of this country...

I do believe that the american citizen does not need full military types of weapons.
Tanks....land mines...H-Bombs...nerve gas...F-22 Raptors....battle ships and every type of missles the military has..

The laws we have on the books now is good enough....just enforce them

Just because it looks like a Duck....if it can't quack, walk, fly and S*it like a Duck.....
does not mean it is a Duck!!!

Now:p

I am as removed from this controversy as anyone who is not a US citizen but as some proponents have stated quote " we need our guns to protect ourselves " without going into detailed scenario I think it is a fallacy to believe that the gun will protect anyone in case of what some believe is a possible civil unrest . why do I believe that. a case in point during the aftermath of the sandy storm the national guards ,police, sheriffs ,and law enforcement officers in general confiscated guns in that area and anybody owning guns had to hand them over so if government wish to confiscate guns they have the means to do so . it happened and gun owners involved had no choice when facing the enforcement of this confiscation ..anybody care to expand on this !

I am as removed from this controversy as anyone who is not a US citizen but as some proponents have stated quote " we need our guns to protect ourselves " without going into detailed scenario I think it is a fallacy to believe that the gun will protect anyone in case of what some believe is a possible civil unrest . why do I believe that. a case in point during the aftermath of the sandy storm the national guards ,police, sheriffs ,and law enforcement officers in general confiscated guns in that area and anybody owning guns had to hand them over so if government wish to confiscate guns they have the means to do so . it happened and gun owners involved had no choice when facing the enforcement of this confiscation ..anybody care to expand on this !

First off I believe you are referring to Hurricane Katrina, are you not? I am not aware of any confiscations done during Hurricane Sandy.

Assuming that is the case I would ask you to take a closer look at the populace affected by that decision. An urban, mostly poor, largely minority community. I would suggest that a national movement toward such an action would be met with a greater degree of resistance.

The following is also worth noting regarding the gun seizures subsequent to that incident:

Louisiana legislator Steve Scalise introduced Louisiana House Bill 760, which would prohibit confiscation of firearms in a state of emergency, unless the seizure is pursuant to the investigation of a crime, or if the seizure is necessary to prevent immediate harm to the officer or another individual. On June 8, 2006, HB 760 was signed into law.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina#cite_note-83 21 other states joined Louisiana in enacting similar laws. A federal law prohibiting seizure of lawfully held firearms during an emergency, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, passed in the House with a vote of 322 to 99, and in the Senate by 84-16. The bill was signed into law by President Bush on October 9, 2006.

We, most of us, I think are trying to apply logic to something that is being driven by emotions, the two seldom blend well. In the days when the documents were written everyone was armed the same way, between government and citizen well not counting canons and such.

I have to disagree about the common man not needing the guns they are trying to ban, they are the best we can legally obtain, and while no longer on par with those carried by our government, should the day come here as it has in the past or as it has in places like Syria where the people need to defend themselves from their government they would be better then what the government would leave us with.

As far as the gun confiscations after Katrina and Sandy... most of us never heard a thing about it, the media did not plaster the news waves with it like they do when they are trying to further their own agendas.
I have asked myself a lot what I would do if they were to kick in my door to take my guns, and I still do not know... I can only hope I have the courage to do what I need to do.

I have to think, hope, and fear, that if there were to be an disarming of the American people that just like the reason the 2nd amendment was written, that the people would rise up to protect here what we have always fought for on foreign soils. Because just like the article I posted states, if the second amendment falls so will the other rights of the people...

I feel like I am being paranoid about this, but even here in NY Gov. Cumo is stating he wants to consider confiscation of what they call assault rifles so I really think the threat is real that we will have to one day decide whether to lie down or stand and fight...

Back