Ironbutt for Fisher house 2009

REGULATOR

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 RIII
Watch the Fisher House Video: YouTube - Fisher House Foundation
Ok folks here is the deal, Once a year I ask for you to consider a donation to Fisher house. I will be riding a SS1000, a thousand miles in 24 hrs to raise awareness and Donations for Fisher house.
You can donate online, Mail me a check to Fisher house, or money order.
click here to donate online
Active.com Donations
If you are not familiar with Fisher house, I will be happy to answer questions, but Fisher House -- Helping Military Families will answer most,
The Bottom line, when wounded US military need help for their family while they recover Fisher house is there. ( Like a Ronald McDonald House for Wounded Soldiers and their families)

If you cannot give, please send an email to someone who can..
If you would rather mail me a check, I can do that too, just make it out to Fisher house and PM me for more details
Its tax deductable, and 100% of what I raise goes to Fisher house.
I pay my own way.
( there is form on the website for tax stuff)

This is a very personal charity for me, Please consider making a donation, or passing the word to as many as you think will.
Imagine you are a wounded Warrior, and your family is far away in another state from the hospital your receiving treatment at, think of how much it would mean to you for them to be at your side, and for you to not worry about how to pay for it.

I also would like very much if someone has a special item they would Like for me to carry on my trip. You can be anonymous if you wish.
But I would feel privileged to personally honor a loved one or friend by carrying a personal item for them to Tulsa on my trip. I know I will transport a US Flag that I have carried for almost 19 years, and in more countries then I could remember.

CVMA

Well I tossed a Pic of me on the Tiger on the Webpage, because it was from a recent outing...

I might actually be riding the Rocket, I added a FZR fairing to the front, blocks the wind nicely, and will probably just get some throwover saddle bags for the back..

all my radar detector and other goodies fit nicely in the fairing...

I was looking at buying Pianomans bike and just sellign off mine, but somebody beat me to the punch...

thank you for your donation, and I'll have to take some better pics of the rocket to post on that site now...

here is a quick snap shot of my rough route I'll be takeing

from:atlanta ga to:Jackson, Mississippi to:memphis to:tulsa ok - Google Maps

Last edited:
Donated, it wasn't much. Good luck, you might want to pull your tuner out and change the speedo correction back to zero so you make sure to get your full mileage.

Shane

Thanks, every little bit counts, what I keep tryign to tell people, just a coupel bucks is all I'm askign for, although there have been some VERY VERY Generous Captains.

I really don't expect many to be able to give more then a little.

they do not go by your milage on the speedo, but your route. its important to get reciepts for the corners if your doign a dog leg like we are on this one, If I was goign straight to Tulsa from augusta Id be really close to 1000, But we are meeting and startign ( the Folks from Georgia) in Atlanta area. when I use the actual addresses from the start point to the end point at hotel in Tulsa, its a wee bit past 1000 so shoudl be fine. We have to submit our routes in advance.

last year, my bike was a little over 1000, and the GPS was too, and one of the guys ridign with me on a dyna lowrider was at 950 or so on his.. so we actually rode around a bit longer before officially pullign in to the finish line/hotel where everyone was setup...they said not to sweat it, cause most bikes are incorrect.

Cool, yeah when we did our Iron Butt Ultimate Coast 2 Coast, keeping up with the receipts, and the mileage was a PITA. And I was doing it for 2 bikes, my dads and mine.:eek: That was alot of receipts, and alot of writing. And then to top it all off, the fawkers did not approve any of us, 23 riders finished the ride, no one was recognized.

Oh well, we did raise 250 k for Special Olympics, that is what really mattered. Just would of saved us all alot of headache with keeping up with all that crap.
Shane

Oh I hear you, I stopped carign about the IBA stuff, I get a patch from the CVMA for finishign it... so all I care about, I ride out to Arizona about once a year as well so I usually knock out a SS1000 or 1500 in 36 as it is.. actually did the 1500 in 16 on the way back from South Dakota last year...

thinkign I'll take the Rocket this year, I have a spare set of tires sittign in the garage for it.

You ever make it up to the Beartooth Pass in Montana? I love riding out west, Montana, Wyoming and ColoRADo. Great memories out there.

What better way to raise money for a cause than on a motorcycle.

Shane

mostly stick to the southern regions, last years ride to South dakota was the best !!

that was so nice riding hundreds of miles every day out there

Back