i'm with Wawanesa, but they have the bikes, car, and home policies, so i got a multi item discount, i pay about 1100 for the 2010 touring and 1200 for the 2020 GT, and yea some companies won't touch you just based on the engine size
1100 and 1200 are still way better than the ****ty 2200 quote I got today from Wawa

My father-in-law works at CIBC and they have a tie-up with The Personal. I'll give it a shot.
is Woodbridge near Brampton, if so that could be the reason, watch the traffic reports and it all becomes very clear, very quick why rates are so high over there

Sigh.... so Im getting pretty pissed at these insurance quotes I'm receiving. I had a chance to purchase a 2016 Rocket 3 Touring with 28k kms on it and here is what I have so far

Wawanesa - $2400 a year (more than $2200 received for a 2013 model with more kms on it. Doesn't make sense!)
Certas (Desjardins) - $1700 a year ($1300 a year if I insure my vehicles with them as well, however, my second car is costing $1000 more than what im currently paying with Aviva so might as well call the quote $2300)
CAA / Aviva / everyone else - wont insure because CC is too high :confused:

I'm going via brokers and half of them cant even pull the motorcycle up using the VIN number.

WTF man!?

Sigh.... so Im getting pretty pissed at these insurance quotes I'm receiving. I had a chance to purchase a 2016 Rocket 3 Touring with 28k kms on it and here is what I have so far

Wawanesa - $2400 a year (more than $2200 received for a 2013 model with more kms on it. Doesn't make sense!)
Certas (Desjardins) - $1700 a year ($1300 a year if I insure my vehicles with them as well, however, my second car is costing $1000 more than what im currently paying with Aviva so might as well call the quote $2300)
CAA / Aviva / everyone else - wont insure because CC is too high :confused:

I'm going via brokers and half of them cant even pull the motorcycle up using the VIN number.

WTF man!?
😳 Yeah but you pay a lot less for pharmaceuticals 😁 but I have insurance so that's a mute point, don't read what I'm paying, it would probably make you want to move to the US, or cry, Bike insurance has always been cheap here!! I guess they figure they won't have anyone to pay to once your gone😏🤔😭. And how much damage can you do. But if you have a record not good, they kill you on that.
Like when I was young and crazy my car insurance would have been over$3,000 /yr for liability, and I asked the girl how about a new bike with full coverage and it was like $325
Went out and had my Dad co-sign a loan and got a new Kawasaki kz 1000 for like $3,000. But I really messed up soon after and got married, but hey I got 2 beautiful kids out of it so I guess it wasn't all bad😁
Well Happy Holidays and New Year, can't wait till spring 😁 🥂

😳 Yeah but you pay a lot less for pharmaceuticals 😁 but I have insurance so that's a mute point, don't read what I'm paying, it would probably make you want to move to the US, or cry, Bike insurance has always been cheap here!! I guess they figure they won't have anyone to pay to once your gone😏🤔😭. And how much damage can you do. But if you have a record not good, they kill you on that.
Like when I was young and crazy my car insurance would have been over$3,000 /yr for liability, and I asked the girl how about a new bike with full coverage and it was like $325
Went out and had my Dad co-sign a loan and got a new Kawasaki kz 1000 for like $3,000. But I really messed up soon after and got married, but hey I got 2 beautiful kids out of it so I guess it wasn't all bad😁
Well Happy Holidays and New Year, can't wait till spring 😁 🥂
My record is cleaner than my colon lol. Zero tickets, zero accidents, not even a parking ticket and ive been fully licensed for over a decade. I really cant put a pin on this. I'll really have to re-think purchasing this motorcycle all-together if I don't get a good insurance rate.

Back