I won't even tell you what I pay for top of the line, all the bells and whistles insurance down here. It'd make you cry. If you find yourself in Kansas (God knows why you'd find yourself here, but who knows) I'll buy you a beer.

Sooo... just got a quote for a 2014 Rocket 3 Touring from Wawanesa and it's a whopping $2,200 a year despite my 16 year riding record, with zero accidents and zero tickets. F.M.L!

My current company, Aviva, wont even insure it because the "engine size is too large" 🙄

I ride a 2021 rocket3 GT in B.C government ( icbc) third party liability and collision basic $900 FOR 6 MONTHS add the megson fitzpatrick private insurance( fire theft + another $600. bike is paked from november till april. welcome to BC!!

I'm with Allstate. Near Ottawa. 2021GT = $959 a year. Full coverage with $1,000 deductible. I only pay $827 for my 2015 ZX14R but without the full coverage. I takes me chances. I am older and been insured with them with bikes and autos for a while now, so multi- vehicle discount.... Also have house insurance with them which gives another % off.

Allstate charges me $1250 for full coverage but have the cottage packaged in for % discount. Some sites won't insure a motorcycle over 2000ccs. My best rates used to be with TD but they jumped to over $1500 a couple of years ago. Rider Insurance was more expensive than Allstate also. I guess it also depends on where you live in Canada. I'm also retired with a clean driving record.

For the folks in Canada who are paying for insurance in the $1000-$1500 CAD a year range, what companies are you guys insured with?

@Frosty Rider @KDog Bone @jake shaw @Gregger
i'm with Wawanesa, but they have the bikes, car, and home policies, so i got a multi item discount, i pay about 1100 for the 2010 touring and 1200 for the 2020 GT, and yea some companies won't touch you just based on the engine size

****! You guys make me glad to be in the States. Wow!
Me too, $17 month with comprehensive, but I have it bundled, renters, truck, bike and umbrella, did a quote online, some search engine, probably just googled it like when I found the Rocket I googled what was the biggest production motorcycle motor made, after I saw how much they wanted for a CVO, couldn't see leaving $20,000 outside under a cover, no garage 😥😕😏, and I really didn't want another Japanese bike, got progressive, so far so good, 24/7 support, called 12am to get truck covered. Don't know anything about Canada, but wish I went skiing there when I was younger, and oui you guys have cheap pharmaceuticals, and looks beautiful country, maybe they will let me visit sometime on the Rocket oui, good Day mate's.

Back