As long as I don't have to run DS for the free music :eek:;)
I never understood why there was so much huff one way or the other? It's kin to most every other mod and riding style out there...and each captain is free to choose what suits him best! There's not a "best for all" only a "best for each" when it comes to these things.
I think lately there's been a lot more open acceptance in that regard. :D

No, Elvis.
To my recollection, you have stated car tires are as good if not better than MC tires!
Don't back stroke on us now, boy!

they have been for me, especially the the 08 OEM Bridgestone that came out on the 08's, people could have died over that **** up

they have been for me, especially the the 08 OEM Bridgestone that came out on the 08's, people could have died over that **** up

A single batch (as you say "08's") of ONLY one model tire from only ONE manufacturer does NOT condemn EVERY MC TIRE MADE!!!

Exactly what cartires do you use on your bikes?

For me - EXACTLY NONE!
But do I like the look of the one @nolton uses.
I forget the brand, size and type . . . it do have a badass looking tread pattern!

Im not hating the car tire (aka " The Darkside") thing. I only knowI wouldn't do it. I've ridden with a lot of the VTX guys that have done it. Works great for the highway . Twisty roads on the other hand if you don't know what you're doing it's only a matter of time you kill yourself. Of the 4 VTX guys I knew 2 have wrecked ( due to riding too hard with the car tire ) ,one went back to a motorcycle tire and the other doesn't ride anymore because well.... He watched 2 of his buds crash hard. I will mention that they all rode beyond the limits of most cruisers.
If I only did mostly highway riding I would actually consider it since you are not really ever requiring major leaning and even with a very sticky car tire you'd get 3-4x the mileage than a Metzler. At a 70 degree angle though your rear tire patch isn't much at all with a car tire.
But with that said Im still not hatin, . Looks cool. Just know your limits.

Back