Nice to have another possible convert join our humble abode. I just finished the article of the baggers and they said the HP on the R3T was under 90 hp. Yea that's close, not!! Hear nothing but good about it though except for the chronic inability of the rear tire to live very long. welcome.

Hi rnothog...I'm fairly new to the forum also, but welcome.

I've just gone down the road of what bike to get - the following is what I was comparing:
Honda VTX1800C
Yamaha XV1900AS – Roadliner S
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
Suzuki Boulevard C109R
Harley Davidson Fat Boy or Heritage Softail Classic
Triumph Rocket III Touring or Classic

Finally settled on a new 2008 Classic instead of the Touring. Coming from years of sportbikes I wanted the extra HP and of course the 240 rear wheel ;). Plus I was coming off a 2007 Tiger 1050 so was confident in the Triumph brand.

I also like the dual headlight and figured I can always add the extras to make it touring worthy.

Whatever you decide, just make sure it has R3 as part of the name :D

Checked one out today...

Didn't get to test ride, but over all I think they did right by the styling. Fit and finish looks to be at least on par with other metric cruisers, and HD, too, for that matter.

I've had 4 Hogs previously, and I like 'em, but I also think I'd like the out of the box giddy-up of the Rocket Tourer, especially having owned the KTM.

My showroom impression was that it was big, comfortable and affordable...and that the engine looks likes quite a mill...

Anxious to ride one.

Once again, thanks for the welcome.

Looking at the R3 Touring as a possible addition to my current bike, a KTM 990 Adventure.

I like the looks and the power of the new Rocket Tourer.

Looking forward to finding out more about these titanic bikes.

Have previously owned 4 Harley's (FLHXI, FLSTCI, FLHR, FXD), 1 Road Star (between the Road King and the Heritage), lotsa Japanese standards of the 1970's and early 80's, and a 1968 Suzuki Hill Billy K-15P 80cc 2-stroke that got me started. Miss having a cruiser-touring bike, though the KTM is a lot of fun to ride and versatile, if not real comfortable for 500 plus mile days.

Mostly, I like to road trip around the SW USA, which is a great place to be a rider.

The KTM is at its best in the twisties and off road, where I go so infrequently as to be a sorta kinda average enduro rider.

Welcome. Go buy a Rocket...you only live once. Besides, every Tom, *****and Harry has a Harley, most with obnoxious pipes and guess what, they are all pigs no matter how much you spend on the motor, it's all ancient technology.

I see you have a KTM. Nice bike. Be careful off road. I see they are prone to holing the case right behind the skid plate...very soft spot there. Very expensive.

Me, I shot my wad on 2 Triumphs so I bought a KLR. It's not fast, but then I have the Rocket for that.

Almost forgot...We have three Rocket Captains on this site now that have Dual Sports plus the Rockets. Must be contagious.

On being careful...

Welcome. Go buy a Rocket...you only live once. Besides, every Tom, *****and Harry has a Harley, most with obnoxious pipes and guess what, they are all pigs no matter how much you spend on the motor, it's all ancient technology.

I see you have a KTM. Nice bike. Be careful off road. I see they are prone to holing the case right behind the skid plate...very soft spot there. Very expensive.

Me, I shot my wad on 2 Triumphs so I bought a KLR. It's not fast, but then I have the Rocket for that.

Almost forgot...We have three Rocket Captains on this site now that have Dual Sports plus the Rockets. Must be contagious.

I have skidded it across a few larger rocks here and there, but thankfully haven't come down on top of one yet. By the way, it is not an easy bike to pick up when you're off road...don't ask me how I know!

A stronger bash plate is the only major farkle, aside from aftermarket pipes, that I'm missing.

One of my good riding buds has a KLR - he smokes me as an off road rider. I don't push it on dirt...or rather, I do...being there IS pushing it for me. I'm getting a feel for it again, though.

Back