rnothog

Standard Bore
Looking at the R3 Touring as a possible addition to my current bike, a KTM 990 Adventure.

I like the looks and the power of the new Rocket Tourer.

Looking forward to finding out more about these titanic bikes.

Have previously owned 4 Harley's (FLHXI, FLSTCI, FLHR, FXD), 1 Road Star (between the Road King and the Heritage), lotsa Japanese standards of the 1970's and early 80's, and a 1968 Suzuki Hill Billy K-15P 80cc 2-stroke that got me started. Miss having a cruiser-touring bike, though the KTM is a lot of fun to ride and versatile, if not real comfortable for 500 plus mile days.

Mostly, I like to road trip around the SW USA, which is a great place to be a rider.

The KTM is at its best in the twisties and off road, where I go so infrequently as to be a sorta kinda average enduro rider.

Welcome, don't know much about the one eyed Rocket, but if it's half as fun as it's two eye'd brother it will be a blast.

Like snuff said don't know much about the R3T, but I don't think you can go wrong no matter which one you get.
Welcome aboard.

Bob:D

I've got to say Harley's are nice looking bikes how they run and ride is a matter of preference . So I won't even go there. But for a bike that cost 7-10k more that a Rocket theres a lot of things they could have done better.

Get a Rocket and welcome to the forum.

Hope you find your Rocket

Welcome to the site and to all the frivolity that goes on here. Thank goodness there's also a great deal of good information about all sorts of motorcycle related things.

You've timed it just right since we now have an entire section related to the R3Touring.

Enjoy

Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to looking over one of these soon...hopefully one of the dealers here in Phoenix (there are 3, I think) has one.

Got an acquaintance who's always bragging up his Electra Glide with 103 cu. I blow his doors off on the KTM, mind you, but it would be fun to do it on a cruiser, too.:)

I have an R3T. My last two bikes prior to the R3T were an HD Heritage and a HD Street Bob. Anything specific you'd like to know about the R3T?

Generally, it's the slowest bike on the road. Your buddy will wax you like turtle wax on a classic car with his HD. The R3T is the most unbalanced, slow crawling, turtle I've ever been on. It hates twists and turns. It can barely keep up with an 18 wheeler going up hill on the interstate. And, the horn sounds like a little girl.

You believe me, don't you?

Actually, I have a friend with a HD Screaming Eagle Ultra Glide. Before I got my Rocket he was always mouthing about how big his engine is and how fast the bike is, etc... I don't know why. The last brand I'd think of when thinking of fast bikes would be ANY Harley. ;)

Anyhow, he's been quiet as a church mouse since I got my R3T. He asked what size the engine was. I told him and he's not said another word about his bike around me. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other. I don't ride like that and have never teased or taunted him. He go rip roar up down the roads for all I care. I'll shift my R3T smoothly and soundly up to the speed limit (give or take 5 mph) and enjoy the ride.

The satisfaction of knowing I could suck him up and blow him into the next county is good enough for me. I don't need to show him. :cool:

Sure Daryl, None of us has Ever exceded the posted speed limit either, Thats why we all got our rockets. We couldn't afford another shirly or a knock off clone, We had to Settle for the bottom of the barrel...poor us, huh? I think you laid it on a little thick with that uphill behind a semi thing tho. Good post, sarcasm at its finest.

Back