mellow yellow

.020 Over
Hi to all you guys and gals of the Rocket III fraternity, nice to make your acquaintance..

Me I’m Dave from Chesterfield in England, famous for it’s Crooked Spire Church, what do reckon, we build a church, put a steeple on it, get it totally wrong, so it twists and bends and for that we are famous!!!

I’ve got to admit that up until last Saturday I didn’t even know there was such a thing as a 2300cc bike, and until I managed to persuade the sales guy at are local Triumph world, to let me have a test ride there and then. He went through all the motions of what does what and where the controls were and then he gave me the rundown on the bike performance, hum me thought can’t see it.

Took the Rocket out of the dealers with some trepidation, as I’m more used to sports bikes than a cruiser, to be honest it was the first time I’d ever sat on a cruiser, let alone rode one.

Out on the road, wound the throttle back, vroooooom, nearly ripped both arms clean out of their sockets, you should have seen the smile on my face, must have been a picture, I’m still smiling, think I’m going to have to go to the doctors to have it surgically removed. What a bike, did all the sales rep said it would, took it back to the dealers and ordered one there and then, got the guy to agree to let me have another hour while he filled out the paper work…

I’m now waiting for my Rocket to arrive be built up and put on the road, about another 8 days 14 hours and 22 seconds to wait, if I can??????

Love all the chat on this forum, very informative, I’ll let you know when I’ve got the beast and she’s purring in my garage………

Out on the road, wound the throttle back, vroooooom, nearly ripped both arms clean out of their sockets, you should have seen the smile on my face, must have been a picture, I’m still smiling, think I’m going to have to go to the doctors to have it surgically removed. What a bike, did all the sales rep said it would, took it back to the dealers and ordered one there and then, got the guy to agree to let me have another hour while he filled out the paper work…

Welcome Dave! I told the same thing to a buddy who I let mount the Rocket after tailing me on my T-bird "Don't be afraid to crack the throttle but hang on cause it'll pull your arms out of their sockets". Needless to say it made a believer out of him.

You could call it the R-3 syndrome...dislocated shoulders and permanent smiles.:bch:

welcome

Glad to have another Europeon to chat with. Makes this site very interesting, and the world smaller! I bought my 2005 Black Rocket with 800 miles on it here in Kansas City, Missouri. The guy who had it before me was freightened of the accelleration we all love. It has a sticker on the tank: ACE CAFE-London. Can you tell me about that? Have you been there?:cool:

Welcome mellow yellow glad to have you join us.

Raymond I have sat on your bike a time or two when it was parked in the showroom at Engles.

Welcome aboard and it sounds like you've become the latest convert to "THE SMILE".

Link Removed

You just can't explain in words the Rocket's acceleration with any kind of justice. Looks like a pretty quick build since you're a lot closer to the Hinkley factory than we are on the west side of the pond. I'm guessing you got yellow as well.......but fill us in. There's always a running discussion as to which color is the faster one. I think super chargers and turbos are the operative words in that debate.

From 1 Dave to another....... I hope you'll take part in the forum and enjoy meeting other R3 Captains.

Pig9r said:
Welcome mellow yellow glad to have you join us.

Raymond I have sat on your bike a time or two when it was parked in the showroom at Engles.

Piggr:

Raymond's bike's previous owner, I believe, was a member of the BIR (Brit Iron Rebels), hence the Ace Café/London sticker.

Mellow Yellow:

You'll enjoy this forum. I do immensely.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi guys and thanks for the kind words and the warm welcome. Yep a few of you guessed it, I’ve ordered a “scorched yellow” Rocket.

Not 100% about the colour now I’m waiting, but I was when I ordered the bike and as I always say to me mates, “always go on your first impression and gut feeling” so I’m sure I’ve made the right choice for me…

Not sure what mods I’ll be making, the bike is pretty rapid as standard, but I’m sure I’ll soon get the feel for her and be looking to boost her up. I’m sure you guys will let me know the best mods too make.

Take it easy and keep on trucking

Nice have you with us Mellow and I know the wait will seem like forever now that you got the smile.Seems every time I come on this site it just makes me want to go ride.:D

Back