Hi, I'm Wannbe and I have a problem!!!

Wannbe

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3R
Went out for a hot fast ride today and realized something about my riding style. I'm addicted to the torque and speed of my roadster, but must try to keep my professional license in tact. So I noticed that I have flyover gears. I mainly blow thru 1st and 2nd gears then pretty much skip 3rd and 4th going directly to 5th. So the 3,4 gears should never wear out. Is this normal or can a true adult resist the urge to feel the power pent up in this machine? I feel so childish as I cannot resist the urge to hit those 1st two gears and feel the power, but wonder am I the only one that feels this way or are there true adults that change gears at 2000 rpm and ease thru the gears. If so I salute you for being a true adult!!!

I do shift like a true adult! I ease through the gears, but I use 4,500 rpms to achieve a more mature acceleration profile. Then I do lots of head checks all over to see if I missed anything, like light fixtures on top of certain vehicles.;)

It's only a matter of time?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yeah 4th suits 30 mph (50 kph) which is our posted suburban street limit here in most states, only 25 mph (40 kph) in shopping center areas with pedestrians and school crossings, 60 kmh (37 mph) on larger suburban streets and 80kph (50 mph) on some 2-way urban arterials. Split urban freeways etc here in Canberra are 100 kph (61 mph). Interstate freeway h'ways are 115 kph (72 mph).

Only the Northern Territory still has open speed limits in some areas but now just 336 Km (209 mile), and is mostly 130 kmh (81 mph). I spent my 23 years there pre-2005 with open everywhere outside town limits. A good place to be a speedhead in my youth. It always felt good giving and getting a friendly wave when passing or overtaking police patrols at 160 (99)-180 Kmh (112 mph).
NT speed limits permanently derestricted

I use all 5. Around town, I'm usually putting at 2000 to 2300 rpm. If I want to go to warp, I do it at peak torque which happens about 3000 rpm. At WOT from a slow roll, I shift into 3rd at 90 mph.

Back