Hi from Long Island

Dogies

Welcome Bus Man! I have the Tourer just like the pic that Pig9r posted except with after market saddle bags. Being the fastest color scheme it's a hoot to ride. If you get the red and cream you won't feel the need to paint a dog on the tank.... Just kidding Busa:kick::D
What,you don't like pets???AHha. Brit bike brit bull dog..

That is a great choice. Thats the one I have now. 07 blk/white tourer. check out some pics in photo album. Rademis

Rademis,
Nice pics. Thanks. I see you have added a black edging strip around the wind screen. Nice touch. Having owned an '02 Bonnie, one of the first things I noticed on the Rocket was the fuel tank lower edge seam. That fuel tank seam drove some of the new Bonneville owners nuts (along with the exhaust kink in front of the silencers). I picked up on that and the seam thing rubbed off on me. I put on a chrome edge strip to cover it up and thought it looked good. Now I'll be able to use some of the rest of the stuff that's hanging in my garage.
bus man

Hey bus man,
I am also an "Islander"....Sayville to be precise.
I hang-out on the other site but visit here from time-to-time.
Glad I stopped-by...always nice to find local fellow Rocket Captains.
Congrats on your Rocket and your membership on this forum.
I frequently blast the Ocean Parkway like you and I know some kewl east end back roads.
Yeah....PJ Harbor as well.
Consider the New Years Day "Cold Finger" bike run for charity sponsored by WBAB.
I'll be there as usual. PM me and we can hook-up if you wish.
Once again: Congrats, ENJOY...be safe!!!

Gary

What,you don't like pets???AHha. Brit bike brit bull dog..
I love pets (dogs). Don't care much for furr balls (cats) Much rather see a dog painted on the tank than a *****...cat. All though it would be funny and ad insult to injury when you blow these Harleys away if they saw a puddy cat flying past them:cool:

Hi Gary,
So the rumors of there being a couple of good roads out east are true....ehh? I thought it was a suburban legend. Nice to know of another Rocketeer on the Island. About 3 years ago I ran into a very tall guy on a black(?) Rocket out at Captree. Was that you? He was a decent chap. I was on my Bonneville and to be sure we were the only Brits out there that day. Not unusual. I'll be sure to contact you when I get my Tourer. I don't know if I'll make it to that Cold Finger run. I seem to have turned into a less than hardy soul. Besides....my Tiger's stripes freeze to his balls under 40 degrees.

Danny

Hi Bus Man,
Actually that black edging around the windscreen is stock equipment. I have heard lots of guys on this site say they took theres off. I kind of like it on there , at least for now. Rademis

BusaJack

Hey, have admired your bike for months & commented a few times on this site & the Triumph Rat Net.
You mentioned that you lowered the bike.
Talk to me... I am short (and chubby, TMI, I'm sure) but I love my Rocket, just really not comfortable barely touching the ground. Am used to riding a v-twin cruiser, (not harley) nice & low, feel more in control.
I've heard about the Progressive shocks (440?) and hear they will allow the bike to drop a little bit.
I dont want to change the tires.
I am not keen on spending much more money since I dropped a wad of cash for this R3 last month.
I hear about lowering kits. I hate messing with the original construction of a wonderful product, so I dont think this is an option for me.
You mentioned your seat.
I checked with two vendors about custom seat, but I have to tell ya, the skeptical side of me really doesnt want to mess with this because if I order a custom seat & it doesnt make any difference in the height, then I just wasted more $$.
PS did I mention your bike is awesome!? heehee
Thanks for your input.
I will also search this site for prior threads on lowering the Rocket
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Can't help much with the differences, I think they were explained well. But this is the first bike that I have ever ridden that if you crank on it hard, you can feel your face move back around toward your ears, thus producing a tooth eating grin!!!!!!

Back