mickm7

.040 Over
Ride
2008 classic
hi, need some help ,2008 classic...bike has been parked for a few mths due to injury, added fresh fuel now it has a hesitation while cruising, even if i start bike not riding hold revs 2000 revs fluctuate a 300 to 400 rpm and still gets a hesitation, have checked all wires on coils re crimped and made tight, checked all vac hoses everything all good....has triple k&n single supertrapp muffler, dobeck unit,
have played with settings ,does not stop hesitation....thanks in advance mick

Change all vacuum lines and caps. Get silacon hose 2mm and 6mm if I remember right. Amazon is where I buy my hose. Have done this repair on 3 different Rockets along with crimping of the coil wires. The coil wire up front on the right side is a pain in the back.

I poured some old gas from a container I used for lawn equipment. Have gone all electric. The Rocket did not like that. Developed the hesitation sickness. It took three tanks with carb cleaner STP for the problem to self limit. It just went away. Was getting ready to change spark plugs and gas filter, which is a pain in the Rocket. Still have the original gas filter. Plugs changes once in a 2007/58K mile Classic. Got a spare bike to reduce the mileage load on the old Rocket. If it needed major repairs it would be cheaper to buy a used one running.

I replace my gas filter every 20,000 miles. Gas tank is off due to valve clearance and adjustment anyhow. Noticed on the Harley which has a clear filter that around 20,000 it was black. Figure the same on the Rocket. Same gas station:):):):):):) Plugs get changed at the same maintenance schedule. I do require some major repairs. Transmission gone and at 68,000 miles will require a lot of work on the rest of the bike to get her up and beyond the 100,000 mile mark. Number 74 will never die. I will just be a stupid and happy idiot. Like the saying goes a fool and his money is soon to depart.

This is the ID 3 and 4mm right
Yes, but the main vacuum feed to the 4 way splitter probably is 5mm but fit a bit loose so I used 4mm. Better a bit tight than a bit loose. Bike runs great so I guess it has enough vacuum! I cut the three hoses at 9.5 inches each so I could route them nicely, took her for a ride, than cleaned all the springs and linkages with carb cleaner, then sprayed them with wd40, and lastly I balance the throttle bodies! Long needle nose pliers, a bright light and bifocals are your friend for this procedure! A ram air makes this whole process much easier and faster!

Back