Rolltide100

Nitrous
Ride
2006 Rocket 111 Mulberry Red Tribal
Hey guys I have a 2005 Rocket 111 and have ran both metzler and Avon I read somewhere on the forum that some of the fellows were mounting the 240 55 16 Bridgestone on the rear is this possible on the 2005?

Respectfully,
Greg

The guy that is mounting mine says he doesn't think it will clear the swing arm, any help would be appreciated.

Welcome. I've been running the Bridgestone on the back for a while now on my '09 Standard. They not only fit, they are best motorcycle tyre available for the Rocket. Plenty written about on here. Get it; you won't regret it.

Thanks man so there shouldn't be any difference in your 2009 and my 2005, the fellow doing the install says he doesn't think it will clear. I told him that I had read multiple posts on here and didn't think mine would be any different 6500 miles on both the Avon and Metzler was about it for me and I want to try the Bridgestone he has it on the rim but now says he doesn't think it will go on. What is he missing in the install?

It will be fine. Tyre's the same width as Avon and Metz - just has a slightly higher profile. Instead of thinking it won't fit on he should just put it on.

I will give him a call, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it, just trying to squeeze in as many more days as possible before the snow starts here in Utah!

Respectfully,
Greg

Welcome mate
As Richard has already pointed out the Bridgestone excedra max 240/55/16 will fit fine
its the same width as the metz/Avon "240" just a slightly higher profile.
I am also running one on my 09 after reading Canberras review and others and it fits fine and in my opinion is a far better tire than metz.
It will fit your 05 no problem its the same rim as my 09.
Make sure you get the EXEDRA MAX and not just the Exedra as it has a longer wearing compound in the centre of the tire:cool:

Hey guys I have a 2005 Rocket 111 and have ran both metzler and Avon I read somewhere on the forum that some of the fellows were mounting the 240 55 16 Bridgestone on the rear is this possible on the 2005?

Respectfully,
Greg

The guy that is mounting mine says he doesn't think it will clear the swing arm, any help would be appreciated.

My 05 has BS exedras fore and aft... no problems at all RT go for it you will be happy :D

Back