HELP!!! Hesitation, engine light, now no power.

Most code readers will read the obdll codes and usually will read the manufacturer's codes but will not give u a meaning for them
If u get the numbers i will get u the meanings and try to polnt you in the right direction.
The best bet is to download tuneecu and buy the lonetec cable to connect to the obdll connector.

Success!!!! So far.

So I took her down to my buddy's place and we tore into it. It died as I pulled into his place. No power. Turns out Turbo was **** close. We started with the ground coming off the battery. Checked both cables, wiggled them. Nothing. No power. We moved to the positive side, wiggled the positive lead and the bike powered up!!!! There is a "Y" a couple inches down the cable and a smaller wire with a connector branches off. The wire had backed itself most of the way out of the connector and it must have barely been making a connection. We disconnected it, cleaned up the ends, put it back together and taped it up. Bingo!!! The check engine light is still on, but it runs fine. It's hard to see in my pics, but it's down by the relays.

Thanks to all you guys for your advice! I hate being without my big girl....even for just a couple days.

Update....the check engine light has gone off!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_195427998_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220810_195427998_HDR.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220810_195354252_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220810_195354252_HDR.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Most code readers will read the obdll codes and usually will read the manufacturer's codes but will not give u a meaning for them
If u get the numbers i will get u the meanings and try to polnt you in the right direction.
The best bet is to download tuneecu and buy the lonetec cable to connect to the obdll connector.
You were dang close!! It was the positive side. Thank you so much for your help. Once again you saved my bacon.

The greater the number of items that don't power up, the closer to the source of power is the problem. Check battery terminals, battery voltage, etc. If the voltage is low then charge the battery and see if it starts and then use a voltmeter to make sure that the battery is charging.

The fact that the lights don't work and are not just dim makes me suspect a connection is loose, but the battery may still be flat as a result of that.
This was definitely the problem!!! Thx, bud!

Back