Welcome John, in case you haven't got your answer yet. Sit on bike and hold it upright. Start engine run for a minute to make sure any excess oil in the sump is sent back to the tank. Shut off keep upright check oil on dip stick should be between the marks. You'll find many things on changing the oil as all will not fit in the tank without burping on you. So this is what I do and have been doing since I got urped on :) in 07. Drain change filter. Fill with 4.5 quarts. Fire her up so the oil pressure is good half a minute or so shut her down and add the other 1
5 quarts. I know 6 is a little over but hey what ya going to do sit that half quart of oil on the shelf hoping you remember it in a couple oil changes. It real is hardly noticable on the dip stick. Anyway like I said you can just go with 5.5 quarts if you choose. Make sure you put the tsnk cap on befire fireing her up. Make sure you remove the right three plugs from the sump pan the others are oil channel pipeplugs not to be removed. And wear a full faced helmet for a while and people won't notice that big grin :D

images.jpg FB_IMG_1493930320481.jpg

Welcome to the Pack from Houston

Hello John and welcome from Virginia. Please pardon the late greeting. I hope the weather has clear up for you and you've just about worn the tires off by now.

Back