Hello from NE Indiana!

Hello Russ and welcome from Virginia. My 2014 R3T is the first bike of 28 that I have ridden that has ABS. I have successfully used it a few times. The most dramatic was a freeway emergency stop from 85 MPH on I-95 north here in VA. The two cars directly ahead of me were spinning out of control after one merged into the front of the other. I had no escape left or right and the ABS allowed me to maneuver with grace while my adrenaline over powered my system. I can't tell you how far I went before stopping, but it was very controlled and safe and I was honking on both brakes with all my might.
I have nearly 35K miles on the bike now and it has never let me down out on the highway. I might complain about the battery failing at 6F, but that is fixed with a new battery which goes in later this week. Good luck!

Howdy everyone. Been lurking for almost a year. Purchased an 08 Touring and put 3500 miles on it last season. Loving it! Thanks for the warm welcomes and all the good info!! You guys rock.
Russ

Glad to here you picked up the Touring model. I ride the same year and model. Love the bike and
Wouldn't have any other cycle. The only item I wish it had is the ABS option. I've had a couple of close calls where the rear brake locked up. Not what you want to happen!

IMG_1647.JPG

Welcome from Lafayette Indiana Russ . We will have to meet up this next summer. I got a 2015 R3T that is spending the winter at Windy City Triumph in St. Charles IL. If you are not a member you should join Midwest Triumph Riders on Facebook. We are having a rally in June out of Salem Indiana. That goes for anyone else on here also.

Welcome!
Best reason for ABS: Makes the spouse much more comfortable!
I would suggest you be patient looking for your r3t. There are a lot of deals and used and leftovers floating around, but they tend to go fast. If you can wait for a good deal and vigilant about finding it you can get a great deal.
Good luck!

Welcome from Lafayette Indiana Russ . We will have to meet up this next summer. I got a 2015 R3T that is spending the winter at Windy City Triumph in St. Charles IL. If you are not a member you should join Midwest Triumph Riders on Facebook. We are having a rally in June out of Salem Indiana. That goes for anyone else on here also.
Awesome Billy, I just requested to join. Looking forward to it.
Russ

Back