Hello from NE Indiana!

Russ Couchman

Standard Bore
Ride
Looking for a Rocket III Touring.
Hi all,
I'm searching for a Rocket III Touring and really think that I want ABS. What year did ABS begin? Do you think that it's a critical feature for such a big bike?
Thanks! Glad to be here and hope to join the ranks soon. :)

Russ

Russ,
Welcome from central Indiana! When I looked at the Rocket, its size and its speed I know that I wanted ABS and while I hope to never have to use it I would still want it again just for the panic safety feature. Now I will step aside and let the other opinion chime in.

Welcome from Florida, Russ abs started on the 13's but some of the early year one's didn't.Mine doesn't have abs.I've locked up the rear a couple times in 33,000 mi.not really a big deal IMHO.From where do you hail helps members to give assistance if known.

Welcome from NJ, YES 2013 was when abs was an option. Be careful I'm am one of the owners that does not have abs but according to my vin# and the sticker I do. And yes that rear wheel will lock up on you very quickly in a panic situation. Look for a perforated disc on the rear to affirm that it indeed has abs.
Good luck with your search and don't let the lack of abs scare you away from a good deal. I belive 2014 came standard with abs and throttle by wire, the only major changes in the bike since 2008. 2008's had some minor transmission issues, but other than that they are a solid bike. IMHO

G'day and welcome.

ABS is good, and I wish that mine had it, but 130,000 miles without it and all is well, so far.

Welcome from Vicksburg Mi. My 2008 doesn't have ABS and I wish it did. That's about the only thing that it's missing. Great bike, you will have a blast! If your in my neck of the woods give me a call.

Back