Welcome CaptFlood from another Mainiac, in Searsport. Nothing like a rocket, I had my 500 miles service done a Blouins in Augusta and they couldn't even get the oil change right, only put 4 3/4 qts in, I'm sure they didn't drain all 3 plugs. They didn't use a check sheet just kind of winged it, I watched the whole thing. The service writer said they would go through the whole bike, well they didn't. I would only use them for something under warranty or very major that I couldn't do myself. These bikes are pretty easy to work on, get a manual and take your time learning about her. If you have questions, you're in the right place here, lots of help and advice.

Hoopla
Thanks, Hoopla. Sorry for the delayed response. Working crazy hours. And thanks for the tip on Blouins. I don't have a garage or shed to work on the bike, so will probably have them do the basics once the weather improves, but I'll make sure to at least mention the three drain plugs and makes sure they get that right ;-)

Welcome from New Hampshire. Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime.
Sorry for the delayed response. I was sure I re[plied back to these last posts (as sure as a middle-aged dude can be,) but do not se them listed.

Anyway, I would like that. It's a beautiful state with some epic roads. Used to take my daughter to the WM each year for Storyland/Santa's Villagemuch to see.

Another welcome from the wet side of the country. I was stationed on a Minsweeper in Porland and lived outside of NAS Brunswick in the late 70s. The whole family fell in love with Maine.

Congrats on finally becoming a member of the Rocket family.
Many thanks! There's still plenty of room here if you ever feel like relocating back. Nowhere near as much rain as Washington, but plenty of woods to keep you from getting homesick ;-)

Many thanks! There's still plenty of room here if you ever feel like relocating back. Nowhere near as much rain as Washington, but plenty of woods to keep you from getting homesick ;-)

Believe me but I don't get homesick for Washington and it's never ending rain. The beautiful, rugged Maine coast, the lovely summers, the woods, the lobster, the wonderful riding; now that I do miss.

I had a 350 Yamaha that I used to ride the 30 miles between Brunswick and the port, rain, snow or shine. I'd roll that bike up the gangway and lash it to the taft rail when we sailed for ports south. Good memories of great times and younger days.

Edit: And I neglected to mention the beautiful fall "colors".

Welcome from Aus.
I’ve asked a few questions of my roadster when riding with the group and it always answers truthfully and honestly.
Hope you enjoy the same !!!

Back