CaptFlood

.020 Over
Ride
2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster in Phantom Black
Hi, Folks:
I've been lurking here for about a month since I picked up my 2017 R3 Roadster, mostly because I fall in and out of love with bikes at an alarming pace and didn't want to burden anyone with the old, "Hey, how are you?" until I felt sure about my purchase and that I'd be sticking around a while. Well, I'm one month in and I cannot imagine not having this machine in my life.

I've been fascinated with the beast since it first hit our shores, but for financial and other reasons figured it would remain beyond my means. Luckily, a not-so-local dealer purchased a trailer full of these Roadsters and was selling them for thousands off list. I had a small Honda, and a '15 Victory Gunner I wasn't that happy with, so was able to parlay both bikes plus a small amount of cash into Rocket ownership.

I'm prone to 'Buyer's Remorse,' but this bike charms me every time I swing a leg over. I love the classic riding position, the preposterous look of the thing, the locomotive feel from all that torque, and the face-splitting grin every time I roll on the throttle. I've had nearly twenty bikes in my life, and this is the only one that routinely makes me laugh out loud whenever I ride it.

Expecting much good times ahead and very pleased to make everyone's acquaintance!

CaptFlood
Maine

Allow me to be the first to WELCOME ya into our GREAT fold of peeps.
From whense in Main you hail, Amigo?
Perhaps add city & state under your avatar. Helps others respond to you.

Allow me to be the first to WELCOME ya into our GREAT fold of peeps.
From whense in Main you hail, Amigo?
Perhaps add city & state under your avatar. Helps others respond to you.

Welcome appreciated as well as the advice; I just finished gussying up my personal info a bit. I'm located just outside of Augusta, Maine.

Welcome from Australia
Many thanks! I'm surprised at all the 'down under' folks who are rocking the Rocket. No doubt an amazing place to stretch the bike's legs, but I was under the impression that Australia had staged licensing that penalized bigger bikes. As with most things, I am likely wrong on this...

Many thanks! I'm surprised at all the 'down under' folks who are rocking the Rocket. No doubt an amazing place to stretch the bike's legs, but I was under the impression that Australia had staged licensing that penalized bigger bikes. As with most things, I am likely wrong on this...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome from Indiana glad you are finding such great enjoyment in the Rocket. There are few bikes in this class. It describe it as in the battleship class of motorcycles.

Welcome from Brunswick.

I was very seriously looking at picking up one of those 2017 R3Rs that Concord Triumph was blowing out the door at $10,999 this Summer but decided I'd wait for the much anticipated next "Rocket" version. Assume you might have gotten one there which was one he!!uva great deal!

FYI - I had bought my 2014 R3R new at Blouins in Augusta.

Last edited:
Back